1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Risa

Risa Guest

Hi, those are the only files I loaded and it works fine. What is the PST driver set? Are you trying to use the phone as a modem? If so, I believe one of the sites listed earlier had that file.

2. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

I got the above file and the update to work from your link and descriptions. It seems to be running ok. It also seems to be communicating with the phone cause I can see the screen going on and off when it tries to access it.
    But when i try to look at my pics or my phone book, it doesnt want to connect to phone and after trying 10 times, asks me if the phone is on and connected.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    When I plug the phone in, it does make the opening and closing sound you get when with a USB port and XP.

Looking above in the thread earlier, it mentioned the P2K drivers, did you not need to load them?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2004
  3. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

I am now getting the mobile phone tools to load . It seems to take a longer than expected time on the 'installing new phone where there is a clock moving.
    ALso, when the little phone comes up, the screen says photo image not available in its windows and says 'initializing'.
    It doesnt seem to ever come out of that and when i go to for example the multimedia studio it doesnt show me having any access to the phone side.

4. zarvex

zarvex Member

your phone has to be in service. when it says "initializing..." its cheching to see what phone company you use.

5. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

The phone has 5 bars so its inservice. It seems I need a drivers set seperate from the MPT program?
    The only one I could get was the older version off the mototalk site. All the other links I have been show involving the newer PST drivers and the update as well as the P2K drivers all give web page errors when I try to download them from the site.

6. Risa

Risa Guest

I'm not sure what's wrong. Have you tried having the phone plugged in via USB cable then opening the software? I only loaded those two files and mine is working fine. Sorry I can't be much help. Perhaps the USB cable is the problem?? Have you tried rebooting your computer and then plugging in the usb cable, then the phone, then opening the software?

7. rolltide1

rolltide1 Member

where do i get the cable to hook up to v220 phone?

TIA

8. Risa

Risa Guest

You need a mini USB cable. I have one that came with a Lexar card reader that I purchased. It's mini on one side to fit into the phone and it's normal on the other side to fit into a standard USB port. Any of the office supply stores or computer stores should have one.

9. rolltide1

rolltide1 Member

10. xpoc454

xpoc454 Guest

I finnally got it to work, I wasnt reading its instructions I think exactly. I had my usb cord plugged in and it says to do in this order.
    Turn on phone, plus cord into phone and than plug usb into computer.
    When I did it in that order it worked. Once it worked I dont have to do it like that anymore.
    thanks
    all for the help

11. Mattjazz

Mattjazz Member

Right ,the problem I seem to be having is not getting mobile phone tools to recognize my V220,but getting it to realise that I have USB modem and not a sodding standard dial up.Advice PLEASE!

12. cher45

cher45 Member

The latest MPT 3.7 download, can be purchased on Ebay for $2.95 from Cindy.I opted for the cd with extra games,wallpapers,etc.Great stuff!
    http://tinyurl.com/63reg

13. jsmitty

jsmitty Member

does anyone know how the mp3 upload works? im curious before i go buying a USB cable, and before i deal with all the hassle there seems to be with downloading things. thanks for the help.

14. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

this is great info guys thanks for posting it all...i was wondering tho, the 2 folders in the multimedia window are only "audio" and "pictures" is there any way to transfer java games to the phone?

it'd be really phat if i could do that cuz the default demo of bejewled blows

15. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

reply to person above me: the phone only has like 1.1mb free when u get it stock, if ure planning on putting midis it's definitely worth getting the usb but for mp3s unless they are tiny, u won't fit any on the phone since most mp3s are 2-4mb

16. maztrax

maztrax Member

Hi everyone - I am totally struggling with this. I unzipped the 123 and 216 files and launched the .exe files in both. Then when I try to install the BVRP 221 uppgrade it tells me it needs a .bin file from a CD and it won't let me go any further. What do I need to do here? thanks in advance!

17. bv220

bv220 Member

Mattjazz, I'm no pro but try this: go to set up new phone and when it doesnt immediately recognize it as a v220, a "select device" page should come up go to 'new' or 'add' or whatever.

matrax, nothing like that happened to me, my guess is just try reinstalling everything. I don't think you need 216, so if its not useful all it can do is cause problems so I wouldnt even bother installing it. If nothing else works try downloading it again(solved most of my problems)

My problem, everything is working, my phones detected and it initializes but the 'reception disbabled' and transmission disabled' signs wont go away so basically I can't do anything, do I need good recepeption or to activate something on the phone or computer? any ideas would help, thanks.

18. SirRaven

SirRaven Member

bv220...mine was working fine then suddenly out of nowhere i got that little icon w/ the phone and a red slash through it, dunno if that's what u mean
    but i tried unplugging it from comp and from cable neither worked....eventually i unplugged it, rebooted the phone then plugged it back in and all was well...try that

according to someone earlier u need to have service for it to work, so if u have no signal it can't check service therefore won't work...that's just a guess

i'd still like to know if u could copy over games...

19. timbonix

timbonix Member

Every time I try to install the first version of the software (mobile PhoneTools), right after it actually installs everything it gives me an error that says:

"DLL Function Call Crash: PbkInstall._GetBookNames

Setup will now terminate"

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to correct it?

The odd thing is, if I do not click OK to terminate the setup, I can actually go into my start menu and USE the program, however, I cannot update to the new version because the install sheild is still running for the first program. Then when I click OK to terminate setup, it completly gets rid of everything.

Any help here would be awesome, thanks in advance.

20. Xeron

Xeron Member

I have the exact same problem. I have tried downloading it numerous times and I still get the same error. Does anybody know how to fix this?