1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. rabbit44

rabbit44 Member

[bold]bluedingo[/bold]
    Sorry man, i was thinking that you wanted mp3's on there for some reason.

I'll keep trying to find you an answer, but in the mean time, what size midi are you wanting to use?

2. rabbit44

rabbit44 Member

btw, midi's are like entirely 80's-ish keyboard stuff.
    like the first few seconds of the darth vader theme song.

You honestly think this sounds better than an mp3?
    Just curious.

3. helenh

helenh Member

everyone with a phone with usb lead no matter the make go to www.download.com and download MOBILedit then go to www.serialz.to and search for MOBILedit code witch unlocks the program and it is a up and fully workin program to get All size mp3s on ur fone within ur limit anyway.

hope this has help, my dad highly recomends this and so do i!!

4. BlueDingo

BlueDingo Member

well this one midi is 30kb

5. helenh

helenh Member

shud b no probs iv jus uploaded a 293kb mp3 and a 390kb midi

6. BlueDingo

BlueDingo Member

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, I JUST GOT MOBILEDIT AND I PUT MIDIS ON MY PHONE!!!!

7. helenh

helenh Member

thats ok mobiledit is a great program dont u think? i love it and it pick up ANY fone make or model as long as conected to ur pc 1 way or another

8. bm2100

bm2100 Guest

es THIS IS FOR ALL YOU GUYS!!!

Who have MPT and try to do anything you can to connect your motorola to PC and can not do it!

LISTEN ... to this trick! There are few of you who have made to connect Phone to PC! and I think that the whole problem is in cable!

SO IF YOU HAVE USB mini CABLE FROM YOUR DIGITAL PHOTO! THEN YUST REMOVE THAT MAGNETIC THING IN THE END OF THE CABLE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO INSTALL AND CONNECT MOTOROLA V220 TO MPT (2.21.....3.4. ) any version you like! That is aLL!

Enyoy from Slovenia

9. rabbit44

rabbit44 Member

[bold]bm2100[/bold]
    Man, thats an old wives tale kinda thing.
    All that "magnet thing" does is reduce Electro Magnetic Interferance in the cable's data transmission.

So by removing it you are possibly giving yourself a crappy-er signal and therefore slower data transmission.

Trust me, I'm a tech. I know this one.

What you probably have is a crappy cable that you got for free when you bought something else. Instead you should go out and buy yourself a Good cable. That's what I had to do for similar reasons.

BTW, Don't waste money on Gold plated cables, it makes no difference if the ends were Solid gold since the cable itself is copper and both tips are soldered on using Tin. that's the difference in price on cables, quality of the copper and how well made they are.

edited for type-oh's

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  10. ill4

ill4 Guest

First i would like to thank everyone that has posted on this forum. All the questions and answers that have been posted have been a big help over the last few years. Thanks again. I needed to download an updated version of this software since I bought my wife the RAZOR V3. Once I downloaded version 3.23 and did the updates it was no problem. I have not used the usb drives nor the unlocker.

This was so easy to install just make sure you do the updates.

from motodude:
    Download Links:

Phone Tools 3.23 (Requires WinRar)
    http://rapidshare.de/files/3221238/Moto_3.23.rar.html
    Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27RIVEVV

Motorola Unlocker
    http://rapidshare.de/files/689909/Motorola_Unlocker.zip.html
    Mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35I9G3V5

P2K USB Drivers (Both Win XP & 98 Drivers Included)
    http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2006
  11. markpark

markpark Member

Please, please help me!

I'm trying to get some photo's from my Motorola V220. I have downloaded the requisite P2K drivers. I have also downloaded and installed Mobile Phone Tools version 3.23. Windows XP has also recognized the phone and the drivers have installed successfully.

However: When I start up mobile Phone Tools, Initializing appears. This then goes away and I can type in na number and dial it from the PC. I cannot though access my files and pictures stored on the phone. When I click on Multimedia Studio, and then "Mobile Explorer" the hourglass ssymbol comes up, it stays on for about 1 min and then i can't see any of my pictures on the right hand pane. Why??!!!

I know the phone should work with this software as there is a tutorial for setting up at this website (using a V220):

http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/cdigiamo/tutorial/v220/tut.html

But it just won't work for me. Help! Please...

12. rabbit44

rabbit44 Member

[bold]markpark[/bold]
    it sounds like the drivers are working correctly, ... have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the software? some times installers don't write cirtain keys in the registry correctly or a dll gets messed up.

Also you could try a better cable if you are using a cheap-o. that could be causing data errors during file xfers, I doubt that's it though but it's worth a try if all else fails.

that's all i can think of rite now. Good luck and i hope this helps.

13. viral2812

viral2812 Member

Hey,

does anyone know where i can download the Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software(free) from? Any sites you know of? Or can anybody mail me if they have it
    I tried to go to all the sites but neither of them are opening please help

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  14. xpfrancis

xpfrancis Member

I have two discs that go with the cable - one for V180 and one for V220. If someone can tell me what file to send you, I'll do it.

15. lj123321

lj123321 Member

I have a motorola v220 aswell and I really want to put my pictures onto my PC. However i have tried every link suggested and it keeps coming up with countless errors!!! I don't know what to do now...can anyone please help?
    Thanks

16. lj123321

lj123321 Member

xpfrancis I think you have to send the files by email rather than on here? And it would be all the files you have that are to do with the motorola software...at least that's what I think...?

17. xpfrancis

xpfrancis Member

Even if you had a hig speed broadband connection with a professional high capacity email provider it would take hours to send the contents of the CD in a zipped folder.

18. liljoe89

liljoe89 Guest

hi. im having problems using mobile phone tools and mobiledit. something ive noticed is that everytime i go to media studio on mobile phone tools and try to access my files on mobiledit my phone disconnects from the computer. someone plz help me figure out wats wrong and wat i need to do it would be greatly appreciated. thx.

19. RftrChik

RftrChik Guest

I've been able to download ringtones to the V220 and play them if I go into the sounds folder, but they do not work if I set them as rings. Anyone know why and what I need to do?

20. Binie

Binie Guest

all of that links dont work :p
    cant any1 send me the software in a email or something?