1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jask

jask Member

ok i need help
    i transfered like 4 songs and tons of pics last week, just fine but now there's errors...grrrr

pictures still transfer over just fine but the songs wont (i took some mp3 ringtones off geedaddy's help page and they're on the computer but they wont transfer)

the error messages say:
    ~request denied by phone (requested entity too large (0x4D))
    ~request denied by phone (forbidden (0x43))

what's going on? like i already have kelis-milkshake on my phone but when i go to transfer it again it says its too large? and same with other ringtones. i know the phone is connected properly cuz the pics transfer over just fine but not ringtones. please help!!!!

2. JDMDC2ITR

JDMDC2ITR Member

Has anyone sucessfully transfered a game via USB cable?

3. Goshawk8

Goshawk8 Guest

Help...
    I download some games and uploaded to my phone. Everything is great, until I tryied to played the game. The game frame size is larger than my cell phone screen size is!!! Can someone please help me out, and let me know how to re-size the game to fit my scrren!! Thank you.
    I am using: Motorola v220
    Game our size the screen are: Bejeweled and BubbleSoccer
    Please email me instruction at [I just got banned for posting my addy after all these warnings!]
    Thank you very very much again.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2004
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Goshawk8 is gone for posting an addy after my warnings.

Use the pm function people - it looks like this --->
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  5. Barely29

Barely29 Member

Ok I want to know where you can get games (free would be nice) and how do I get them on to my phone. I will not post my e-mail since I don't want to be banned. I think everyone would like to know in this forum. I am using mpt 3.0 and v220.
    Thanks

6. ksv220

ksv220 Guest

MY computer does not recognize my v220. this is what happens: I run Motorola Tools and my computer does not recognize my Motorola v220. I went to the setup, clicked on new phone. It takes me to the Device Configuration Wizard. Then it says selct which device you wish to use. The options are: , ConexantStandard Modem, Conexant, and Other It then take me to Detect Driver. I get this :
    Modem Properties
    -- >ATZ
    Ok
    Wait 500
    -->AT + MODE=2
    ERROR
    Wait 500
    Wait 1000
    -->AT + CGMI
    ERROR
    -->AT + CGMM
    ERROT
    -->AT + MCMA?
    ERROR
    Wait 500
    -->ATZ
    OK
    WAIT 500
    Closing Conexant SmartHSFi v.9x 56K DF PCI Modem
    Your Device Has been detected but could not be identified. Click next to choose from list
    I selected my phone but it still isn't detected. Could somebody please help me.

Thank You in Advance

7. jeimygirl

jeimygirl Guest

Ok, here is my problem. I got my USB cable to work with my Motorola V220, but making it think it's a 300, went though all the prosses. But then i had to redo the modems on my computers. Now, where you set up your fone, you ahve to select a modem. The Motorola USB modem used to show up, and now it doesn't. And it's what i need. It shows up under my modems in my device manager with the ! next to it. I have tried just abotu anything. And yes, i have the right cab;e and program, version 3.... Please help me!

igotbanned@afterdawn.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2004
  8. CJC

CJC Regular member

jeimygirl: can you not read?

[​IMG]
    Forum rules people - no posting email addies! Use the pm function to swap addies!

I would edit your email addresses out quickly before a mod comes and ban's you completely.

If you have read this thread, there have been SEVERAL warning messages, and Several bans already.

CJC

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

jeimygirl is gone for posting an addy after my warnings.

Use the pm function people - it looks like this --->
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  10. Ataris9

Ataris9 Member

Hey everyone, i was reading all the posts and..i downloaded this proggy..Mobile Phone Tools...but its in GERMAN! i think!??!? and i got no idea how to transfer music or photos on it...i actually have no idea how to do anything with this stupid phone (v220) like i saw the usb port and wanted to create my own midis for ring tones..if anyone can email me a lil manual on how to work these and well that would help a lot..PM me and ill give u the email.

11. mbrenegan

mbrenegan Member

Geedaddy, the URL for the mobile phone tools on your site keeps giving me a 'not found' error, but I've found the tools after some searching, and will host them on my server as well. When I do, I'll post the URL here.

I haven't quite received my V220 phone yet, but my understanding is that it has a mini usb connection on it, so will the data cable from my digital camera work with it?

These tools oughta make upgrading from my old Nokia phone pretty painless and keep me from having to type in 250 or so contacts, heh.

I've noticed an installation issue with the first file under WinXP SP2 on my desktop, but it installed, and upgraded to 2.11b just fine, and then 'live updated' all the way to 3.11 on my laptop running Win2K SP3 iirc.

Can anybody here give any advice on how to set the Network settings for SBCGlobal?

Thanks,

12. mbrenegan

mbrenegan Member

Okay people,

I've posted the two MMPT files as well as the P2K drivers and some pdf manual files here:

http://cap.vapor.com/motorola/

BTW: If I can ever get geedaddy's url to work, I'll mirror the 'walkthru' that he posted. I'm rather curious to see it myself. :)

Enjoy!

13. mbrenegan

mbrenegan Member

Hi people,

I just managed to get MPT installed and working (will know for sure in a day or so when my phone V220 arrives) under WinXP SP2.

Here's what to do:

Unzip and run the setup for MPT 1.23.

When you get the dreaded 'Unhandled exception 0x80040707 error, don't close it! Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Mgr, end end the Setup.exe process.

Install the MPT 2.21b upgrade.

Run the program, and do the Live Update to version 3.11.

At least it works here, or so it appears.

Enjoy.

14. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

MBrenegen,
    Thanks for looking out for others like myself. I'm sure it’s well appreciated! If you PM me your e-mail address I can send you a word or PDF file with the walk through I did, as well as the links I have for various programs if you have room for more. I already sent said information to MotoKim so look forward to her site being posted soon as well. Take care!

GeeDaddy...

15. DavidV

DavidV Guest

This page was invaluable in getting the software installed. I gleefully synchronized my contacts on my new phone, saving hours of typing, but when I tried to go to the Media Center, the option is grayed out. I've looked around the net for solutions, but to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

16. nite

nite Member

if you know how to use bit- torrent, go to www.lokitorrent.com and download the Mobile Phone Tools torrent. find the torrent that is uploaded by nite. It comes with v1.23 and 2.21b update...

the only catch is that you have to register onto the tracker inorder to download

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  17. madmoto

madmoto Member

First of all,, thanks to everyone for this page,, it's a big help.. sadly,, I still cannot get my v220 to talk to my computer. I am running windows XP sp2 and just got my v220 today. I bought a regular mini-usb cable from Radio Shack and connected my camera to my computer,, windows recognized it, even told me that I had a v220 hooked up to it but wants drivers.
    I have tried all of the suggested links in this forum, most of them either didnt work,, were in a launguage I cannot read,, or I was told that that server was down or being moved..
    I just want to send pictures to/from my camera to my computer, all I need is the usb driver,, i think.
    Can anyone help me out with a new or updated link? Thank you very much for your time

18. cybohemia

cybohemia Member

I noticed a conflict with MPT and the modem function: I had used my V600 as a modem on a recent trip. But, when I installed MPT - the phone no longer worked as a modem. Basically, when I try to dial up the phone would just not react - as if the cable was not connected. When I un-installed MPT, it worked okay again. Has anyone else seen this or, alternatively, has anyone else had success using the phone both as a straight modem and with MPT?

19. nite

nite Member

20. Good2go

Good2go Member

Nite tnx a lot. I just d/l MPT1.23c & MPT 2.21b than live updated, and install it on PC! Everything works perfect, no USB drivers needed! I have Win XPpro SP2. Thank you one more time.