1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V220 USB Data Cabel Software

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by nazdagr8, Sep 26, 2004.

1. satme

satme Member

When downloading to my V220, from my pc, was wondering if I need a signal from my carrier. Not sure why I would but I thought I'd ask as I'm in a rural area and don't always have a signal. If I do does anyone know if the after market antennas are any better at getting a stronger signal?

2. nite

nite Member

r u transferring it using an usb cable?

3. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

I was just wondering if there was another url on how to upload games to the phone. The last link on page 4 or 5 isn't working for me.

4. nite

nite Member

5. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Just wanted to thank everyone. I read through this thread today noting success and failures and figured I'd be one more test pilot. I downloaded and installed the programs/drivers for my V220 without problems. I wrote it up in another thread. Thanks again. Works great! :)

What I mean by works great is that I was able to synchronize my phone to my PC (contacts, calendar) and copy the pics. I didn't try any java this or game that. The screen is too small to play games on anyway IMHO. The V400 has a better screen for that.

6. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

bahhh, I can connect to my phone using MPT but now I'm trying to upload games. I'm using MIDway but it wont connect to my phone. Any ideas why that would be?

7. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

Ok, I just read that you can't use MIDway with a USB cable. I don't know if this is true or not, I hope not :(. Is there any other program that anybody knows about that can upload .jad files? Can I use MPT to do it?

8. penikinja

penikinja Member

I can't download games using midway either. Am now on my second phone in less than two months, as the first one just stopped working altogether... tbh, I'm fed up with it. I think i'll ebay my V600 and get the new siemens instead... phones arent supposed to be THIS difficult to use are they?

9. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

Well its all a big plot to get your to pay for it. I'm sure its not that difficult to update games using the web browser on the phone but that would cost money. Something I don't want to spend.

10. evileagle

evileagle Member

My only problem is I cant get my computer to read my phone. I downloaded all the needed software, but my computer just doesnt recognize it. Which software do i use for letting windows interperate its a v220. I have windows XP home.

11. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

after you install the mpt 1.2, don't run the program. After installation is complete, run MPT 2.21b. That should give you the right option to detect the v220. Then run the program and all should be good, or at least it was for me

12. evileagle

evileagle Member

yah i tried that.....but for some reason it just doesnt want to recognize it. It will sit there and attempt to connect all day, but nothing. I installed the 1.2, then the 2.21.....nothing. Software works fine, just wont work WITH my phone = (

13. FullClip

FullClip Member

Does anyone have problems with their MMPT taking forever to initialize? Sometimes, my software will initialize right away, other times I just CTRL ALT DELETE it because it's taking forever. I can't seem to duplicate the error. Should I try a uninstall/reinstall/format?

14. FullClip

FullClip Member

Evil eagle, make sure you do the update on the software to take it to v3.31 (I think). The software doesn't seem to work with the 2.21. Also, are you using SP2 with XP?

15. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

Once you've installed MPT 2.21b try and get Window's to recognize the phone. Also make sure your phone is actaully plugged into the wire correctly. Sometimes it doesn't go in far enough. Wait till you hear the beep of a new USB device.

16. evileagle

evileagle Member

thats the problem im having...i cant get it to recognize the phone...it'll say NEW HARDWARE FOUND which is 1) motorolla modem and 2) v220 phone. But the thing is it wants drivers for it. without the correct drivers, it says that it will not function correctly, hence my problem. I do plug in the USB all the way and wait for the beep. Its just a matter of getting my stupid puter to work with it. I am using XP home with SP2.

17. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

odd that, Once I installed MPT 2.21b or whatever it is, Windows had no problems find my cell phone. Do you know how to use Bit torrents?

18. EvilBaby

EvilBaby Guest

who is it that makes these drivers? Is it actually Motorola? They are completly useless. When ever I restart my computer I have to re-install my facking drivers. This is getting beyond annoying. Not to mention evertime I load MPT it asks me twice for a fackind dial up modem. Jebus H. Christ, is there nobody competent working over there?

19. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

There is more than one thread in here indicating these tools don't work with Windows XP with SP2. When any of you having problems actually installed the software, did you install the USB modem drivers FIRST BEFORE installing the tools? I'm sorry, but I have to call ya'lls bluff. It's difficult to help people who either cannot read or refuse to see the obvious. Quit whining for crying out loud. If you have "legitimately" acquired the software, then b*tch to Motorola to release a fix for those who have applied SP2. Otherwise, others in here have provided instructions on how to acquire AND install the software, including me in detailed fashion in another thread. Perhaps the data cable is bad and isn't allowing for a firm connection. Maybe you didn't install the USB drivers first. I don't know, but one thing is clear ... 99% of the people having problems with these drivers and tools are using Windows XP with SP2.

20. Ataris9

Ataris9 Member

Hey guys if u download the 1.23 thing..and then the update.2.21 or something..it all works! i was able to create my own ring tones and well its pretty good. Now, another question i got is if any of you know how many voice tags u can apply on this phone(v220)?