1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V3 Razor PC to mobile file transfer problems

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by deanfpuk, Mar 31, 2005.

1. deanfpuk

deanfpuk Guest

Got a new V3 yesterday. Love the phone however I cannot transfer files from my pc to mobile. I am using the USB lead as the pc is not Bluetooth.

Installed MPT v.3 and even upgraded to V 3.23 It just does not recognise my phone at all. Tried everything I know, if I cant get around this I may as well just bin it.

Any help I will be in debt for life! :)

2. Cecim

Cecim Member

Who is your carrier?

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

what things have u done?? so i'll know where to start....

4. deanfpuk

deanfpuk Guest

My carrier is T-mobile. Here is what I did.

1) Istalled the mobile phone tools that came with the V3 CD.

2) Plugged in mini USB cable to phone

3) Plugged in USB cable to PC.

4) Selected (Connect via USB).

5) PC searched then said "Connection can not be found".

I am then presented with the phone picture with "Initializing" on the screen but the no modem found logo there to.

Any help would be appreciated.

5. RaZrFaN

RaZrFaN Member

Same exact thing with my razr only i have cingular

6. deanfpuk

deanfpuk Guest

No worries I have purcshaed a Blue Tooth Dongle from ebay. Hope it works!!

Till then I will transfer from my k700i via bluetooth.

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

make sure ur usb data cable is working...

8. dibit

dibit Member

New, to the forum having been directed here through our friend Google. I got the V3 yesterday and am getting extremely frustrated with the connecting to the pc. All I want to do is get my contact accross, so I dont have to put them in by hand.

I have exactly the same problem that Deanfpuk has, slight difference is that I'm in the UK, but all the software is the same all the version numbers etc.
    So where can i go from here?

Phil

9. deanfpuk

deanfpuk Guest

Dude,

Save yourself tearing your hair out. Buy a bluetooth dongle from Ebay. Got mine for less than a tenner, next day delivery and now my v3 looks much better. Have uploaded videos, games, pics and mp3 ringtones all at the press of a few buttons.

Well worth the money.

10. dibit

dibit Member

So it works alot easier on Bluetooth then? I have one at my other house so will have to use that, luckily I'm Going back there tomorrow. can you sync. your contact on it too? As this is the main gripe I have?

Phil

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  11. baspeed

baspeed Member

you can alwyas try shutting off the phone and turning it back on while its plugged in. I cvould get my v-505 and v-400 to work sometimes that way. Need to just f**k with it lol

12. enfanny

enfanny Member

First:

Go to the following website to download Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 and install it. Click "Ignore" when it prompts up the warning.

http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar

Second:

Connect your phone to your computer with data cable. Select the following place for the driver.

C:\MobilePhoneTools 3.11\Setup\program files\Motorola\mobile PhoneTools\inf

Third:

Run the MPT software, if it can not find your mobile, restart your mobile (not computer).

Good luck then.

13. ophAze

ophAze Member

Hey enfanny, i went to that website and installed MPT 3.11 and i went into setup and let it install, but towards the end i got : Error 1406. Could not write value VersionMinor to key\products\B21788234CA(and a lot of other numbers)\InstallProperties. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personel.
    It gives me an abort, retry, and ignore option.. Which should i do ? Can you help me out ? thank you very much !! =D

14. baspeed

baspeed Member

ignore

15. ophAze

ophAze Member

heh.. alright, i'll give it a try...

16. pansa44

pansa44 Member

I have a Dell laptop with internal Bluetooth and I just got a Motorola V3. I had trouble getting MPT, which I downloaded from
    http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar,
    to detect my phone over Bluetooth. The following is what worked for me after quite a few hours of frustration:

1) Use the Bluetooth install wizard, from control panel>printers and other hardware>Bluetooth Devices>add, to establish initial connection. Make sure phone's "find" mode is initiated when required.

2) Download and install MPT. Press "Ignore" if any errors come up during installation.

3) Launch MBT if not already launched. Proceed as far as you can until you can get the phone interface to display.

4) From the phone interface, select menu >setup >general setup >communication>change modem

5) You should see and option to select modem over Bluetooth. Select this option and proceed. You should have connection now.

6) If there is no Bluetooth option in "change modem", select what is available for now and complete process. Restart MBT and repeat steps 4 & 5.

Hopefully this helps someone.