1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorola V360 usb driver

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by lilgee28, Dec 24, 2005.

1. lilgee28

lilgee28 Guest

I just downloaded Phone Tools and i dont think it works with my phone, (V360). I think i need the usb driver because the computer recognizes the phone but it needs the hardware for me to be able to use it in Phone Tools. Which Phone Tools version do i have to get to use with the MOtorola V360 cell Phone?

2. elecblue

elecblue Member

I have good news for you-no there is not a driver for the v360 in the software but you can get it to work under a different model, you just have to set it up manually.
    First start the program and follow its instructions to add a new phone.
    It will fail and should display a white phone template and 'Initializing' will be on the display as well as a restricted sign.
    1. Click the Menu button
    2. Select General Setup
    3. Click the Communication tab
    4. Click Change Modem
    5. Click Next
    6. Select Motorola USB Modem, click Next
    7. Check 'Do not auto detect', click Next
    8. Select the proper network you're on (ex. Tmobile is GSM), select a phone model (either V3 or V400 works well), click Next
    9. Click Finish, the Device Wizard closes
    10.Click OK on general setup window
    11.Phone should appear on top and say 'Initializing' and the layout will change to a different phone, after several seconds the phone will be recognized and you should see the display with signal strength, battery, and probably provider (it does with tmobile anyways) SIG AND BATT MAY NOT BE EXACT--THEY JUST APPROXIMATE!!
    12.You should be able to use all the features of the program now.

Any other questions you have or problems I have no problem trying to help...good luck!

3. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

Just wondering how you put games on the v360?

4. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

thanks elecblue I was having the same problem as lilgee28 and your steps helped me out. I'm very happy and do not feel like destroying my pc anymore. Thanks.

5. lilgee28

lilgee28 Guest

thanks alot, i hope this work but does has to have bars on it because when im on my computer which is in the basement i dont have any reception? Thanks for helping.....GOD BLESS

6. elecblue

elecblue Member

I think the only way to put games on is to either go thru your cell company using the phones web browser, or buying from cell phone gaming websites following their directions. Glad I could help lilgee and nuttin. You're question about having no signal in your basement-you just cant do anything with the network of course, but anything within the phone can be done like edit phonebook and transfer mp3s.

7. lilgee28

lilgee28 Guest

hey thanks for the advice........and it did work but i have updated mpt to show drivers for V360.......thanks elecblue.. One more thing how do u delete the original ringtones on the V360?

8. t_boxmy

t_boxmy Member

Where do I get this phone tools for the V360? Is it for a Linux PC?

If not, where can I get applications for V360 to connect with a Linux Fedora Core?

9. jdspeed

jdspeed Member

hey i tried the instruction you gave for the v360 to work and it wont work...i tried it on 2 different computers and with 2 different phones???? ne thing would be great

10. t_boxmy

t_boxmy Member

I found the phone tools in the CD.
    It is now installed on MS WinME and works fine. Only problem I had was that the default V360m is set to MEMORY CARD. This caused the Phones tool to fail completing the installation.
    To resolve this, before plugin the V360 to the cable do following:
    Click menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> USB settings
    Default connection: Data/Fax connection.

Can anyone help me installing the V360 on Linux to sync/backup and install applications?

11. watzels

watzels Guest

i have tried this but it does not seem to work, i does not seem to detect the phone, i have tried different models around the v360 but i still dont get a result. and yes, my phone is set to connect useing data/fax connection. any ideas?

12. LowNoma

LowNoma Guest

I can't remember the exact version that offers support for the V360, but I know the copy I got about 6 months ago has to be updated 4 or 5 times before it sees it. There is a 52 MB update, then an 11 or 12 MB update it does, and that 11 or 12 MB update is the one that opens it up I believe. I will try to double check the versions when I get home tonight and update.

13. proudly69

proudly69 Member

does neone have a copy of the USB drivers?

if so, could i get a copy.

Thanks,
    Proud.

14. watzels

watzels Guest

i found the usb drivers on this website: http://www.motomodders.net
    but i think you must register befor u can access the drivers plus the site can be hard to navigate and therefor i have no idea where on the site the drivers were but they were defiently there.....
    one problem, i dont think it has the v360 drivers but the drivers that are there work perfectly :p

15. PhAsR

PhAsR Member

lilgee28 which phone tools did u use? the 1 that elecblue gived instruction about.

16. Deanhunt

Deanhunt Guest

I wonder if anyone can assit with the download games question posed by acebailey. On page 61 of my Moto manual it say "Note: to install and run games stored on yor memory card press> menu then >fun&Apps> Games & Apps > [Install New] yet when I go thru the menu prompts there is not an install new. I am running T-mobile Java CLDC Ver1.1/MIDP Ver 2.0. Has anyone done any research regarding doing a reset and uploading a different ver of Java?

17. harmz

harmz Member

i also did what elecblue told said and it says phone isnt connected what could the problem be

18. broknluck

broknluck Member

hey elecblue

I don't understand what U downloaded. Nothing says phone tools like every one keeps talking about I'm new on computers. which download do I select for motorola v360?

19. Murpur

Murpur Member

Motorola Phone Tools is the white and blue disc distributed with most (all?) new Motorola phones if you do not have a copy I would suggest you head to the motorola website and hunt it down, I don't remember if it's a free download but a copy is about 25 USD for the disc IIRC.

The "Install New" function only appears on the v360 when you are viewing the Java apps on the memory card. Where the files need to be on the memory card to be installed still eludes me, though the files for installed apps are on the card under /mobile/kjava/"your IMEI". stored as J2ME0-12.xxx (hard max on the v360 for apps is 13 it seems since I constantly get an error when I try to install more that I've bought and downloaded from my provider) J2MEST stores the app list info.

I've asked Motorola for details on this install question as it's driving me barmy trying to test my own software since I can't install it to my phone the quick way and as a dev that's annoying.

20. Murpur

Murpur Member

Update (let's not discuss timing, this came in on my gmail account the very instant I hit the post reply button)

copy to the /mobile/kjava/ directory for the install new to work, and it bypasses the limitation I mentioned with the app downloads too... Odd but I'm not complaining though I'm definitely going to discuss that with Motorola and see what's up and if they'll need to patch the v360.