1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motorola V400

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by tony7914, Feb 27, 2005.

1. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

hey there,
    i just got my mobile phone tools and usb cable, installed and updated the software, hooked up the phone and tryed to set up an internet conection with the wizzard using the settings on my desktop. my problem is that when i try to conect it starts to dial my dial-up number then gives me an error message that says something like "remote computer not responding" i know the number is good, i use it for my dial-up on my desktop.
    if it helps i'm running win. xp pro sp2, NAV 2005, Norton Personal firewall 2004, (tried it with this shut down too)
    i have cell phone service with centenial and my dial-up is thru earthlink, is there some extra service i need to buy?
    i really would like to have this as a back-up modem so any help or ideas would be great!
    thanks in advance!

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

try the internet wizard in the MPT

3. tony7914

tony7914 Guest

hi there,
    thanks for the reply, i tried the wizzard using my existing settings from my desktop and no luck.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

maybe u need a different ISP number, thats what happen to me before, and now it works...