1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mounting/burning Doom 3

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by endy, Nov 28, 2004.

1. endy

endy Member

Now I did search the forum, but I couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have the .iso files for the three Doom 3 CDs, and am trying to install it. I mounted disc 1 on a VD using Alcohol 120, and everything was installing fine until it asked me to insert disc 2. I unmounted disc 1 and mounted disc 2 in it's place, but Doom 3 wouldn't recognize it. I clicked OK at the installer, but it just kept giving me the "insert disc 2" message.

So I tried burning them to CDs instead, but after burning disc 1 I tried playing it and my computer doesn't recognize it. Says "Windows cannot recognize the media type or it is not formatted." Or something of that sort.

What am I doing wrong?

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't know if your two of the same person using different names but listen to me very carefully....

DO NOT USE THE VIRTUAL DRIVES TO INSTALL THE GAME, THAT IS NOT WHAT THEY ARE FOR

install the game first, then when your done installing the game you use the virtual drive to play without the disc SO YOU DON'T RUIN THE ORGINAL DISC'S!

The only disc that has copy prtoection is the first disc and the first disc is the only one that plays...the other 2 disc's are for setup...NOT TO PLAY!

This the protection that DOOM3 has SafeDisc 3.20.022

3. endy

endy Member

No, I am not two of the same person (?).
    And I tried burning teh image with SafeDisc 2/3 selected, but I get the same error when trying to play the disc.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you have to have some sort of emulation turned on, bucko, unless you have a frickin' awesome burner ("two sheep" is the term used, i believe)

5. endy

endy Member

I have all available emulation options turned on.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

could be conflicting software. i've read about stuff like this on here before. try searching a little. good luck and i hope it works out.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Im kinda slow today so let me ask a dumb question...
    you burned all three discs and now your trying to install the game, but when you get to the second disc its not recognizing the disc and its telling you to "insert disc 2"

Or...your trying to burn the discs but the second file or disc 2 isn't working?

8. endy

endy Member

At first I couldn't even burn the discs, when I did it kept telling me the disc was currupted. But just now I figured out a combination of settings that burns the discs correctly. And now even though Windows recognizes the discs and the files on them, I'm getting that error again. Tells me to insert disc 2 even though it's inserted, and the files all seem to be in one piece.

9. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

maybe the burn got funked up or the file itself is corrupt.

10. MegaloX

MegaloX Member

I am getting the same problem. I burned the 3 ISOs to CDs. I start the installation and it installs the first CD fine, then it asks me to insert disk 2. I insert disk two, but it will not detect it. I'll keep clicking OK on the dialogue box confirming that Disk 2 has been inserted, but it keeps popping up as if nothing is in the drive.

Please help me, thanks

~MegaloX

11. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Worked fine for me :)

Lots of people had problems like that with the actual original CDs too....

You only need SafeDisc emulation (and the emulation is not useful if you have ISO files which only keep 2048 of the 2352 bytes per sector)