1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting drive to NTFS folder does not work

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by JaguarGod, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

I am having issues with getting my card reader to mount in NTFS folders. I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and had this issue. I then did a clean install and the issue continues.

Basically, I go to disk management and add a driver letter or path to the SD card slot in the card reader. I then point that to a folder on my d drive: "d:\_card_reader\SD Card". After this I delete the drive letter associated with the SD card slot "H:".

When I go to navigate to the SD card slot I get the following error: "D:\_card_reader\SD Card\PRIVATE is not accessible. The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive."

I have been doing this since Windows 7 with no issues, but cannot get it to work with windows 10. I can access the SD card itself, but not any folders. The PRIVATE folder for example contains the video files from my camera. I cannot let the card reader take up drive letters because I work with video and I use a lot of hard drives. I may not have 26 drives at the same time, however I like to work between different workstations and I assign drive letters to drives. If I do not assign drive letters, then my software will try to search for video files. Something like "I:\08_17\C0001.mp4 cannot be found". Then I have to scan the drive again and sometimes manually find the clips. When working with 400+ clips per project and deadlines, this is wasted time.

Also, this problem is NOT only for the card reader. I cannot mount my backup drives like this either. I have 4 backup drives in "d:\_3TB BUPs" and all of them give the same errors. For now, I have to use drive letters, or use my Laptop with Windows 7.

Are there any solutions to this? Thank you in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.