1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mouse help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by me_me_me, Mar 17, 2005.

1. me_me_me

me_me_me Guest

id ther a program what will let me use the keyboard to move the mouse and click with it. i know there was a program that came with windows me but i dont know what its called or where 2 get it. can someone tell me if it is at all possible 2 do with xp and if possible where to get a program
    thanx

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

That setting is available in Xp !

Turning MouseKeys On and Setting Options
    1. Click the Start button, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Accessibility Options icon.
    3. On the Mouse tab, click the Use MouseKeys check box to select it.
    4. Click Settings.
    5. Set the options you want, and then click OK.
    6. Click OK to return to Control Panel.

Moving the Mouse Pointer with MouseKeys
    When MouseKeys is active, use the following keys to move the mouse pointer: • On the numeric keypad, press any of the numeric keys immediately surrounding the 5 key to move the pointer in the direction indicated by the arrows on the keys.
    • Press the 5 key for a single mouse click and the plus sign key (+) for a double-click.
    • To drag an object, place the pointer on the object and press the INSERT key to begin dragging. Press DELETE to release the object.
    • To select the left, right, or both mouse buttons for clicking, press the slash key (/), the minus key (-), or the asterisk key (*), respectively.
    • To cause the pointer to jump across large sections of the screen, hold down the CTRL key while you press the movement keys.
    • To move the pointer a single pixel at a time for greater accuracy, hold down the SHIFT key while you press the movement keys.

Using NUM LOCK to Toggle the Numeric Keypad
    You can use the NUM LOCK key to toggle the numeric keypad from a MouseKeys control pad to a regular numeric keypad. This feature can be useful with laptop or notebook computers that do not have a separate numeric keypad.

Enjoy !