1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mouse wont click and pc freezing

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by maxisneil, Sep 7, 2007.

1. maxisneil

maxisneil Member

hi,

recently my computer froze, but as well as that for some reason i wasnt able to click on anything else, or even shut down the computer. but recently it is happening alot, if i do anything challenging for the computer the program stalls and the mouse wont click on anything, i can move it, but it wont click on anything and if i ctrl+alt+delete the whole pc freezes. Now even when i start up my computer if i have to exit everything that starts up in the task bar automatically or else i wont be able to click on anything. I've got the latest updates from norton and it didn detect anything. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix the problem. Im running xp media center btw,200gb of freepace and 1gm of ram.

thanks

2. H0bbes

H0bbes Member

Not sure this is it, but both laptops in my house were doing the same thing. Turned out they needed new hard drives. If you have a failing hard drive, the problem you're having is one of the symptoms.