1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i read some people asking for c**** keys but can't find them anywhere

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Steo said they have not changed and because i am away i am not able to get them for you all as much as i would love to my son is only 11 so i would not ask him to start messing with it as he could do something else and knock it off but mine is working fine can you ask anyone who is using C***** if they have a gunuine box to update to v4 as i have done so the autoroll must be working the only thing is once you update you have to leave the box switched on as what happened me was when the last codes came out the box was off and it did not autoroll so leave them on just in case

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

mornin/afternoon/evening whaterver time it is Fergus I hear only a few people with problems on C***** may be just localised problems.

4. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

hello all, put v4 on the box last night, got image on tv saying "the box" then blackness.No lcd display working, original box, scarts in correct place so on.then tried to get v257 back on and all i have now is flatline basically, lcd lights going from left to right continously.Feck it in the bin or what?

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Reflash with fixed 2.57 for clones or v4 for gen box.Check the Starview link at the end of this post for clone/genuine info

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

It is 6.05pm here at the moment the weather is very hot that is why i am in the mall plus the internet is very cheap about 1.25euro for 3 hours so nice to see i can still communicate with you all ya could be a local issue i here that N** and C***** are about to change their boxes i belive they are being bought over again any input on this story

7. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

i already reflashed it with v2.57 and have tried v4 also, ill flash me a@* at it in a minute.Anything else i can try or does anyone actually know what the problem is?thanks for reply by the way.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The reason for the flashing lights running from left to right is because you did not wait till it compleatly finished flashing the box re flash and wait even when it says 100% as it takes another 40 seconds for another message to come on pc screen

9. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

when the download was 100% complete i waited for a message to appear on the screen saying download complete. i then pressed ok.anyone else wanna crack at it?

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Well Fergus N** & C***** as you know is UPC. With regards to the box change possibilities of them changing them next year and also changing to Nagra 2 which hasnt been cracked yet as they have it in Spain also.

At the moment UPC are considering introducing a PVR box this July/August to offer the same type of service as a Sly+ box, so that is one of the problems regarding the upgrade of signal/line upgrades in local areas. I will post more info as soon as I can get it.

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Where did you get the file from try getting another file as the one you have could be corrupt so have a go at that there should be a link under ryans name and the file is there worth a try

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Check my previous post if you had a clone and put anything from 2.60 upwards you may have bricked it and will have to get it jtagged

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

so could this mean and end of time or would it be possible to crack this as well only harder the encryption will be the same as sly is that correct also has drew come back do you know or has he gone to ground

14. johy66

johy66 Member

Lads

Thanks for all the help with codes and updated firmware over the last few weeks. Updated box with V 4.00e two weeks ago and everything ok. Last night Setanta Golf and Setanta xtra 1 came up as " data is being updated ( 0% ) ". Does anybody know if this is a box problem and any ideas how to fix it

Thanks
    John

In Ireland

15. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

axxo try a reflash but switch your box off at the back click download then switch box on at the switch that worked for mine when the box was flashing from left to right even though i had the download complete come up thats what fergus told me to do and it worked 1st time he said it may take a few try's but should work

16. richy6976

richy6976 Regular member

thanks to fergus for this helpfull piece

Richie here is more for you
    Bad Flash with software....Read This...
    If you have a bad flash, switch it off then on at the back & make sure its on standby. Then Flash as normal. This also applies to flashing (up & downloading) the channel data file. If for some reason you cannot flash and have set and checked everything else such as ports and connections, then you should switch off at the back wait a moment then on again. Then try to flash again.

If for some reason it won't go into standby and you see a constant moving green line. you may want to wait to see if it goes into standby or switches on eventually or re-flash from this state though it may not work. Some users have reported that flashing an older firmware 1st that was working, then trying again may help. If your flash has failed or corrupted try again but 1st flash back the firmware that was on before your failed flash. Re download the firmware just in case you had a corrupted file then try again. If you do flash from the moving green line state at boot, you will see the % increase on the GTRom loader software but not on the starview. Toward the end of the flash you'll see a Flash Burning message in GTRom. Make sure you wait until all is finished and you see the Download complete pop up message in GTRom.

Another method you can use to recover from a bad flash, eg. the box won't boot to standby and is stuck in pre standby, either after about 3 or 4 moving green lines the box sticks with the green line not moving at all or it keeps moving forever. If the box will NOT RE-FLASH as normal from on or standby, try this but it may take a few goes to work.

Connect the box to the pc with your cable but switch it off at the back. Load the correct firmware bin file into GTRom & set it to the correct com port, and select App file only then hit Download. Only then switch on at the back to power on the box. It may take a few sec. so wait at least 30 sec. (If it doesn't work 1st time try also waiting a couple of sec. to switch on after pressing download in the loader.) It may take more than 1 try to work, but eventually you'll see the loader kick in and the % bar increase. You won't see the % on the Starview though. Only green lines moving left to right. Towards the end of the flash you'll see a message in GTRom saying FLASH BURNING. Then it will reach 100% and wait for the download complete pop up box to appear & the box will reboot back to factory setup. You will have lost any channel data previously on the box & will need to rescan & switch on EMU and set the box up from scratch.

If you don't know the state of the box switch it on see what happens see if there already has been a channel scan done before-meaning there are channels on it working or not. If so tune to an unencrypted channel as above then standby then re-flash.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Never say never in regards to Nagra 2 there is some peeps workin on it, call it forward thinking :) Drew was supposed to be back today but no sign of him and his site is still temporarily down doesnt bode well I think but I hope he comes back soon. We have banded together and stated our own links to provide info. My one gives out info on a lot of different SV stuff. Eamo has provided a link library and I download all my files to him, with help files firmware etc seems to work well so far.

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for that rich i have noodles in my head out here so takes a little while to think any news on drew is he gone to ground

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

If you have a genuine box and only a genuine box turn it off at the back delete these channels and do a manual scan I have seen this work

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

sc0user
    Ok enough said i am going to take my link down for his site until i know it is working again as people will start getting confused i have put the codes on page 1 first post so if anyone is looking for them when i here you have the other ones for C***** i will change them also has mikey69 gone or is he still around have not seen any posts from him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.