1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Cya scouser and your welcome lol

I away also , see yas later ! lol

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. jockspud

jockspud Member

Leslie - checked the photos to see which type - remote says genuine - pic of the back of the box says clone - so I installed the version 2.57e - followed all the instructions - thanks for the help - lol - but what happens now?? - will I still have ti manually install the codes when the change. Its just there are another 8 sv boxes in the family - all keen to see my outcome

3. LeslieB71

LeslieB71 Regular member

Ok we go thats its a clone , and you put the 2.57 fixed , go to Menu 1570 and go down to set default key and see if it auto updates for you , also check your EMU key is ON

4. jockspud

jockspud Member

did all that - but I had to manually put in the new codes as the box wasnt working

5. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

OK guys, it's late in the day, and there's no sign of me getting my site back, I'll be lucky
    if I have it back tomorrow sometime.
    Many thanks to the f**k**g a**ehole who complained about the 2.57au firmware on the site.
    Sorry guys.
    I know you can get the firmware from the other links, like at the end of ryans posts.
    Time permitting, I'm going to try to get another site going.

6. jockspud

jockspud Member

What happens if I put in the other version code? I just assumed its a clone as the back matched pics of clones - but the remote matched pics of originals??
    Could I blow the unit??

7. bassy777

bassy777 Member

eamo32 i hope u get it up and running,sum people just don,t appreciate the hard work.

8. jockspud

jockspud Member

Eamo32 - sorry to hear all the sh*t - its great to find people willing to help the like of me - hope you get the time to restore ur site

9. lng72

lng72 Member

Anyone still having problems with new c***** codes? In dublin using v4.0 and manually input the new keys but its going into a data updating loop. I tried doing a factory reset and new channel scan but still the same. Anyone have any ideas?

10. sueed

sueed Member

jockspud, put the 400ee in ,you havent got a clone, if the remote has 1 groove its a 1st generation box, no worrys

11. JohnIRL

JohnIRL Member

Evenin'
    Need a little help I think. I went out today and got a new cable (Maplin won't have it or a week or so). The guy said he knew exactly what it was for and gave me the cable he said i'd need. He only had a F-M lead so I got a gender converter and now it's F-F. Tried to flash Ver4 but still no joy. When I try I hear a kind of jingling sound coming from the p.c and then flash update fails. Any help ane1?

John

12. martinme

martinme Regular member

have a look on page one under bad flash follow instructions m8 hope this helps if not report back

13. JohnIRL

JohnIRL Member

I have that printed off from the library. I don't know if u would call it a bad flash seens as though it hasn't flashed onto the box at all. Am I correct in thinking that stand-by is with the back switch on and turned off with the remote?

14. martinme

martinme Regular member

If the box has had an older software installed which was working but no longer updates then switch it off at the back then back on again and tune to an unencrypted channel No £ symbol quickly before it gets caught in an auto-updating loop. Select OK and the channel list appears, move up or down to select a channel without a green pound symbol on the right £ & hit ok. Make sure the channel is working then switch it into standby on the remote or the front of the box
    You will then see the clock If an older firmware is on the box and
    it starts to autoupdate the keys but then sticks and then you put it in standby you will not be able to flash the box correctly you must go into standby from a working unencrypted channel first hope this helps m8

15. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Night all.

After a completely sh**ty day, I am off to have some martini, probably the whole damn bottle.
    Hopefully tomorrow I'll get another site going if I can't get the original one back.

Thanks for the support guys, appreciated.

16. martinme

martinme Regular member

yes the switch at the back is your box doing anything when connected to the tv

17. martinme

martinme Regular member

night eamo

18. JohnIRL

JohnIRL Member

The box is fine. I'm just trying to flash the Ver4 firmware so i don't have to keep looking for codes

19. aoife1981

aoife1981 Member

Hi all,

can someone please tell me how to sync the starview on certain channels? the sound comes seconds afterwards if you know what i mean, it's dead annoying!!!!

20. martinme

martinme Regular member

ok m8 fist things are you sure you have a genuine box

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.