1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paz5091

paz5091 Regular member

Goodnight ScOuser and anyone else who's off to the land of nod, including myself

2. martinme

martinme Regular member

morning all thanks leslie and cacikid

3. speedy14

speedy14 Member

just wondering if anybody can help i am trying to flash my box from my laptop but it keeps comming up flashed failed can anybody help , can anybody help i have all the right cables and downloaded the software read through all the treads and still lost thanx

4. speedy14

speedy14 Member

sorry its said flashed failed

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

are you sure you have a null modem cable not a rs232 cable.if it didn't say null modem on the box it is not a null modem cable.

6. ledzep71

ledzep71 Member

Another n00b here. Received 'the box' yesterday and thrown into the package was a serial cable. I presumed it was a null modem, but kept getting the 'flash failed' error so it probably is a regular RS232 cable after all.

Just popped down to maplins and their out of L71BT !!!! arrgghhh. Do have an old fashioned null modem cable left over from the good ol dial-up days. But its 9pin to 25pin, will this work with a 25pin to 9pin adapter?

7. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

i don't know but theres no harm in trying all it can do is work or not.

8. martinme

martinme Regular member

9. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

10. StarDub

StarDub Guest

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi to all have cut holiday short have arrived back in Ireland today so will be back later on anybody got any interesting news they would like to share

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I will be home in a while and i will get the codes of my box for C***** for you and put them on page 1 do you know if they are the right ones as if they are iw ill put them on page 1

13. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

your back already.

14. StarDub

StarDub Guest

im havin the same promblem with my pc it keeps sayin flashin failed so i dont think its ur lap top i have flash a few boxes before wit no probs so i know im using the rite cable can anyone out there help???? Please'''

15. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

since noting is going on i will see you all later

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Ryan

Yes not for me the last place i was in was sick enough for anybody so decided it was time to head out of the hell hole left tue at 12pm and just arrived home now just off plane

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Go to page 4 of the thread you might get some help in the thread's there ok

18. martinme

martinme Regular member

welcome back ferg no major issues since youve been gone i have been messing around on page 4 the v4 is going well and the new 257 a few new seniors who have been doing a great job same as a few members

19. speedy14

speedy14 Member

ryanmg the cable i have is an rs232 cable i was using it to flashed one box to another and it was working , so i bought an usb cable with a 9 pin to attached to the laptop to the rs232 which one of yee gave me a link to get , have the software and the gtrom so everything in place,

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for the welcome sure i missed you all so much that is good news i was looking at the page very good work you put a lot of time into that also any news on drew is he gone or what also how are the codes for C***** holding up are they the right ones as i have posted them on page 1 if not when i get home i will check my box and post code

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.