1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Mornin Ryan

Fergus,

I think Drew has given up the ghost and Mikey drops in now and again but not often and he hasnt updated page 1 in a while. Last time I seen him he had a word with Eamo about taking his email addy off the SV help file which Eamo is now hosting, Eamo explained the reason to him by pm, but now Mikey has seemily gone also, maybe he is on holidays?

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Maybe he is away on hols or something any news on the C***** problem we are having scouser is checking at the moment

3. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ryan with regards to the release of the C***** version of "The Box", I dont think they are just releasing the firmware, you actually have to buy the complete box. As they have said they are not releasing the firmware but all new C***** boxes will have the firmware installed at the factory.

The excuse they gave was they do not want to release the firmware as a stand alone as they dont want the cloners getting hold of it.

4. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

thanks for that info on m*ds scouser. Do you know if all dvb-t box's will work on mm*s?
    Cause it would be nice to stick the v fingers up to the sh*ts witholding the firmware (u know who )!

5. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

back in a couple of mins have to get some breakfast.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2007
  6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

got ur pm , thanks. ....' the chumps 'lol !!

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it will work with all DVB-T areas, but from what I have heard C***** have been running a trial on Conax using Cas 7, so where do you go then, another new box more new firmware?

So back to square one again. You will always get around the CC it is only the manufacturers who win in the end.

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

:) couldnt resist it.

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Scouser

Is this why i am haveing the update problems also will be heading out shortly have to head to Dub with a box i have put the new 257 clone updater thanks to Ryan again a star in his own right

10. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Fergus as said I will need to be fully up to date to answer that 100%, as I have more avenues to N** than C*****, even though they are supposiedly both UPC, hard to get two companies under one umberella to go along the same flow, if you know what I mean.

11. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

' C***** have been running a trial on Conax using Cas 7, .!'
    i know conax is the encription that the providers use, is cas 7 different to what n*l are using at the moment ?
    If it does work out for them(conax) ' does this mean new boxes alround ?

12. madspoon

madspoon Member

Hi All,

My supplier informs me that there will be new firmware for TheBox aka The DodgyBox :) over the next few days. It should make them compatible with Chorus. There will also be tweaks including more Favourites and stuff.Alledgedly.

Did anyone elses Box throw a fit this morning? Mine appeared to have bad channels and then any that were there were all corrupt? fingers crossed it was an issue with HtHelll and not theBox :(

13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it is a different cas version. Quick answer is they are only running a trial in a small area at the moment, so no worries for now. As in will there be a rollout of this, I cannot say as the reasons would have to be looked at from a budget perspective, would you like having to fork out for all new boxes for your customers, I sure the CC will have to look at this.

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As I have said on the previous page the firmware will not be released as a standalone, you will have to buy the complete box, which is a DVB-T type box for C***** MMDS areas.

The bad channel issue this morning was N** fault all codes remain the same and your box will come back to normal viewing.

15. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

yeah my box is freeezing and stuff usually goes away on its own.and there is a new firmware for the box this Saturday.

16. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

sc0user there is a new firmware for the box.its supposed to work with ch****.but its not for starview only the box :(

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Ryan are they releasing the firmware on its own I was told they wouldnt and you would have to but a new box, of which is only to fix the C***** MMDS areas with DVB-T?

18. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep thats the one thanks Ryan.

19. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

from what i read there releasing the new firmware on saturday and the new box in six months.the new firmware is supposed to be 4.5
    the new functions are supposed to be
    bigger faves list
    the blue button changes the screen size between full screen and letter box.
    better epg (something to improve the data stream)did't quiet understand how they were doing it.
    and some other small improvements.
    but its supposed to make the box work on ch****.
    but we will see on saturday.

20. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

thanks 4 that m8, talk later ..gota go..........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.