1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alba1314

alba1314 Member

And Sir is quite correct - politeness costs nothing! ;-) LOL!!!

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thank you for that so how are you on this fine morning hope everything is fine and dandy lol

3. alba1314

alba1314 Member

Can anyone tell me where one can get a polite wife from?! Mine is giving me grief!!

Sorry for going off-track in the thread - but gotta go! catch you all later... If the wife allows one access to the 'puter again?! :-(

Keep up the good work in the meantime!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  4. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Sorry about that Fergus, it's just the link had all the comparable clone /original pics on it...just trying to be helpful; I will refrain from this in the future

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for that john i did view it and look as if you where advertising for this company could you go back to the pages and edit the page the editor is on the right beside the head and take off the link before the mod does thanks

6. suzie81

suzie81 Member

Hi...will someone let me know if ch*rus and n*l use the same codes? I'm just getting a black screen. I know you have to manually scan the channels as there's no ch*rus in the automatic scan but when i done that i only got around 60 channels...can i get any more? Also if the code isn't the same as n*l, will someone let me know what it is. Thanks.

7. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Hi Fergus
    I removed the links as requested
    Cheers
    john

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

suzie81

Do you live in N** area or C***** area the codes are very different starview boxes do not work in C***** area well not to my knowledge anyway

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for that john we have gone over this already but you are not to know this and at the moment the v3.00 we have here seems to work perfect on the clone boxes as no freezing problems or dead boxes that we have been made aware of it does make the real box freeze for some reason once again thank you for your input to the site it is always welcome

10. keithd98

keithd98 Member

Hi All,

Just so you know, NTL have completed the changeover to their fibre stuff. No
    problems with the box. Its working fine.

I wonder do I have any extra channels, is there any danger in me doing a rescan.

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

should be no problem just a re scan only you probably will find a couple like hid 1 hid 2 ect or maybe for the sake of 2 more channels is it worth the risk of loosing some

12. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

you wont have any more channels, they will have just upgraded the cables, still the same signal going thru

13. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

How come the package N*L offer has channels on it that the box does not pick up on such as UK Food? Any ideas?

14. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

you should get uk food, ive got it, it may be amongst the hidden channels. what you dont get is the virgin central on demand stuff.

15. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Thanks Mikey...the obvious question from a newbie like me is: how do I locate the hidden ones?

16. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

i'll rephrase that. theyre not actually hidden. sometimes when you scan for channels the box fails to assign names to some channels so it gives them a name like this - TV 25, TV 26 etc.... have a flick thru them you'll be surprised how many channels are missing. also, have a look thru the "ETVS" channels they are the interactive channels like BBCi + others

17. johnfb

johnfb Regular member

Mikey
    I have scanned a few times and do not receall any TV etc ones on the list but I will have a look and see if they are there.
    Cheers.

18. leskent

leskent Member

Hi Guys been reading all your posts and make for some very interesting reading.
    Sorry to begin with a question but Does anyone in the Nottingham area on N*L get Chelsea tv or Man u tv I cant pick up Either but I get Rangers tv is there a list any where to give me all the frequency numbers for individual channels Etc:

WBR Lez....

great forum by the way keep it up and just to let you know my box is running quite happily for the past week on v3.00 ee

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Les

thanks for that i do not know mikeygb might know if he is there

good luck with the v3 is your box a clone do you know

20. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

read my previous post on missing channels. i dont know about chelsea but mutv is definently available nationwide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.