1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leskent

leskent Member

I assume it's an original Meets all the specs or at least seems to,
    ya know large size, 25 vents per row, Remote single notch and so on.
    Lez.............

2. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Thanks for that

3. timtyke

timtyke Member

Hi all.Quick question for you guys is there any difference between the first 3.00e file and the 3.00e that became available on drews site?

4. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

its the same as the original. a 301 file was released but this is also identical to the original 300

5. timtyke

timtyke Member

Thanks mikey i only ask because the first time i flashed 3.00e onto my clone not a single glitch for the two days i had it on before bottling it and going back to 2.57 but when i flashed 3.00e on again from page 141 i had the bad scrambled channel scenario every hour or so and it was only on the box a matter of hours.by the way well done you guys on the excellent guide you produced.

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

the v3.00 here seems to work properly on a clone only for some reason the real box gets freezing problems also no reports of dead boxes using this at the moment

the one we are using is available at the end where my name is if you want that one to try

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  7. timtyke

timtyke Member

Ferg- any ideas as to why one flash of the same file works perfectly the other not especially as both have been done on a clone? Just curious.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Possibly it could be that some of the file was missing i have looked around and we seem to have the whole one of this one on the site as we have not had any reports of any dead boxes or problems with clone since we released it fingers crossed i dont know any more than that unless someone else has any idea

9. timtyke

timtyke Member

If the one on that site is the one named safe starview or something similar with a few numbers after it thats the one that scrambled almost straight away on my clone which goes against what other people seem to be experiencing.the first 3.00e file i used was perfect for two or three days got that from this forum 2.baffled!

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

See page 7

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Tim

This is the one we are using so you can compare it to the one you have

STARVIEW_H20070527_300eE_api.bin

says exactly that on the file let me know thanks

Also i will be away for a while so maybe there is someone else here to help you all out

Be back about 7:30pm or so

12. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

the freezing may be due to overheating. think about it - youve been watching tv for a few hours, box is quite hot and starts freezing now and then. then you decide to flash to the so-called "safe" 300 file (which is identical) you do this by unplugging from the tv and mains, take it to the pc - this gives it a chance to cool down. then you flash - connect back to tv and the freezing has gone - probably cos the box has cooled down!

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Ok Mikey

I am away now will see you later cheers for now

Fergus

14. rgally

rgally Member

hi fellas,

i updated to 300eE. was workin but freezin every so often for like 30 secs with 'bad channel' message.

so i flashed back to 257 and it worked perfectly.

2 days later the only channels i had left were bbc 1 , 2 3 channel 4, Five etc.....!

What next? back t 3.00eE?

Will i also have to enter the new codes after flashing with 3.00?

BTW i have an original starview box, its not a clone!

Any help appreciated!

15. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

flashing 300 will auto update keys for you - safe to use on a genuine sv

16. sueed

sueed Member

hi i started a thread on the 1/6.. about the 300ee it is on page 6 at the home page, and i asked the difference between...h20070527.ee.api.zip and 27050700.ee.zip, nobody answered, but elsewhere i was told the first one was real, but i have the second one for 10 days and not a bit of trouble, i think the first one could be trouble, any ideas?

17. scunny

scunny Member

Hello, been away for a while and returned to find my box has gone down.Does it have to be connected to my computer to update or will manual codes get the same results? By the way I'm on N*L could some one give me the codes,as I need my mates help with computer. Thanks for any help.

18. isobelj

isobelj Member

Hi Scunny, all codes are on page one.

19. scunny

scunny Member

Thanks for that, I was looking on the old forum and there are too many pages. Keep up the good work you lot and many thanks.

20. genoflect

genoflect Member

HI Guys

Ive been reading these threads for the last 2 weeks and its facinating. I bought a starview as a present for my uncle, iam unable to get one as iam stuck on smĀ£*t dig :(. So I have been trying to conduct and sort out problems without actually seeing the box in front of me ( very frustrating). When codes intially went 2 weeks ago, there was no problem reinstalling the channels, with new codes. Now however when we exit the menu's after entering new codes (page 1) the channels are still scrambled. I have the software and null cable ready to flash if i cant fix this. Any Advice much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.