1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nun

Nun Member

Hi great place thanks

2. johnski

johnski Member

genoflect
    when you put new codes (page one) in make sure you press ok to save them.
    then check emu is on

3. suzie81

suzie81 Member

Hey fergus. thanks for replying. It's actually a mates box and she lives in Nass. i got instructions off page 60(on the old thread) to do a manual scan, so she did and got 60 or so channels. the emu is on but the screen is still black. She tried the code for n*l so maybe this is the problem. Does Ch*rus need a different code?

4. genoflect

genoflect Member

Hi Johnski

Yes, I have saved them and still no joy.

5. thetoka

thetoka Guest

Just to let you know i have a cloned box running the 3.00 file from drewish1. Still get the freezing and is at totaly random times, but only on pay per view channels. Normal Tv is fine.
    Also my box will take the 257 file but get the flashing bar on front pannel after install and wont work, but will take the 259 file with no probs working fine?

Running the ver3.00 file atm but about to flash back to 259

6. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

Hi ya all
    Has anyone had anyone tried or had any probs trying to flash the box with a laptop using a usb to serial converter with a null lead hanging off the end . It works fine with a null lead from the pc . Thanks in advance .
    Adrian

7. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

suzie81

As i said before the starview is not made for the C***** network that is why it will not work

Hi to all back again

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

This is because you are unpluging the cable before it has completely finished even when it gets to 100% it is not finished for about 40 seconds after this plus make sure box is in standby before starting and switch EMU off

9. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

Hi ya all
    Has anyone tried or had any probs trying to flash the box with a laptop using a usb to serial converter with a null lead hanging off the end . It works fine with a null lead from the pc . Thanks in advance .

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Please note each line of code entered must be saved row at a time

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

bezzyboy

this is best done on pc not 100% sure about lap top i know it can be done mikeygb might know how

12. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

where is the c***** network? if you go into the secret menu, flick thru the provider id's c***** is there. the id is 5E 01

the starview should work on this network but i havenet got a clue what the codes are. if you flash with 300 it will auto update the codes then maybe you could post the codes on here, im sure that would help anyone else on c*****

13. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Mikey

I have not heard of anyone getting starview to work on C****** could be wrong but i live in that area and it never worked here but here is the codes anyway

chorus frequencies set symbol rate 6875
    274.000 371.000
    282.000 378.000
    290.000 386.000
    298.000 394.000
    306.000 410.000
    314.000 426.000

14. thetoka

thetoka Guest

Will give that a try Ferg but im sure thats what im doing, i do the same for the 259 file but will check to make sure EMU is off.
    Cheers

15. mikeygb69

mikeygb69 Regular member

LAPTOP USERS

99% of usb adaptors have problems with starviews. its neither the adaptor or the starview's fault but they just dont like each other. the only thing i can suggest is make sure you've got the latest drivers for usb. then go on the adaptor's manufacturers site and get the latest drivers for the adaptor. i didd this for my brothers laptop. it worked but the whole flash process took about 10 mins. better than nothing i suppose.

good luck

16. bezzyboy

bezzyboy Member

I got it to work once with the laptop after about 6 or 7 tries it did download fully and i managed to get my channel order file downloaded back in to another box but this has only worked once , just wondered if i was doing anything wrong .
    thanks

17. battybat

battybat Member

Now then , my laptop has a female rs232 socket! Does anyone know which lead i will need to flash my starview . just wanted to stop manual input although its working fine at the moment , touch wood!

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You need a null modem cable only 9 pin female to 9pin female so you will prob need some sort of converter best using desktop if you have one

19. thetoka

thetoka Guest

Ok the 257 file i had must of been damaged or sumit because it done the same again, left it for min or two after flash but still got the horizontal bar moving over front pannel.
    Downloaded the one from drewish1 and it worked a treat.
    So there is a dodgy 257 file going about that could be causing probs for other peeps.

Thanks for the help

20. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

You know that one is v3.00 dont you if you want v2.57 pm me with your e/mail addy and i will send it to you do not put your e/mail address on forum thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.