1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Extras

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Tralblazr, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Tralblazr

Tralblazr Member

Has anyone noticed a decrease in the amount of dvd extras on the current dvd9 media? I myself have noticed that blobkbuster is putting the list of what bonus features are included with the disc. I believe this is a method to try to 'make' people switch. Those who are interested in special features anyway. Artie Lange just made a dvd and he said on howard stern making the extras is like making another movie.

2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Not really man I haven't seen a significant amount of "no extras" to agree.This doesn't have much to do with hd-dvd and brd.

The switch factor won't be because of extra's it will be because of quality. People with hdtv arn't going to want to play regular dvd's when they have a better option.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  3. Tralblazr

Tralblazr Member

I don't think it will be the only reason to switch but it certainly will be a factor for some. I have a collection of about 1100 movies on dvd, I personally have noticed a decrease in new release dvd extras.

quoted from link In addition to the greater video and audio quality, the extra storage capacity also means there will be plenty of room for additional content and special features. This combined with the new BD-J interactivity layer adopted by Blu-ray will bring the menus, graphics and special features to a whole new level .....The advanced interactivity combined with the networking features of Blu-ray will also allow content producers to support new innovative features such as downloading extras, updating content via the web, and watching live broadcasts of special events.

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/#bluray_vs_dvd