1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie format for burning with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sptdg, Feb 10, 2005.

1. sptdg

sptdg Member

I'm rather new to burning dvd's and i'm just wondering what type of format my movie file has to be in to successfully burn a dvd using nero start smart. Any info about the different types of files, and which ones to steer clear of would be of much help. Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Theres lots of file format for movies out there.

A few are .AVI, .DivX, .cue, .bin and even more.

On the cue and bin files you can open up Nero and burn the cue file which gets the information from the bin file.

If you want to take an Avi or DivX file and make it so you can play it on your standalone player, you could either get a program that will convert the files to DVD format.

Or if you have nero with NeroVision express you can bring the files into it and make a DVD-Video to play on your Stnad alone player.

3. sptdg

sptdg Member

i also have dvd santa. Is anyone familiar with this one? Also, please explain in the simplest terms as possible, and assume that i know nothing :)
    I used to burn vcd and used canopus pro coder. Will this programme be benificial in burning dvd's also?