1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Freezes & hickups when played back in several DVD players

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by jaegirl, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jaegirl

jaegirl Member

BBMayo I was having the same problem as dj928 with some exceptions. However I got to the point below but the help stopped. My movies hickup as well but burn well at 4x. Do you know what the freezes and hickups are about?

May 2007 @ 12:33 Link to this message
    OK, after trying a few more burns, I have more detailed information. The error message does occur during the verify process. If I uncheck the verify process, it gives the successful burn message. It is burning the movie to disc. I have slowed the burn speed to 3x and 2.4x. Doesn't make a difference. When I watch the movie, it freezes or hiccups every 5 or 10 minutes or so. I get the error message during verify every time. If there's a way to paste a .jpg image here, I can do so. I copied it.

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

bad media. that causes 99 percent of the problem you describe.

Before you burn your video files check them with dvdshrink. Open the files, it dvdshrink analyzes the video files and you can see them on the preview window they are good.
    If dvdshrink won't open them or gives you navigational errors, then you have non-compliant dvd files.

You can test your burnt dvd media with nero discspeed.exe (free utility that doesn't require installation). You need to get a score of 90 percent or better.

I use sony 16x plus on all my burns, works excellent and never gives me any skips/freezes etc.

3. jaegirl

jaegirl Member

Jony218 I clicked on the nero link that you told me to go to but it takes me to nero rom. I thought it was just to test my disc speed not download nero.

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

that's the link afterdawn inserts automatically. You can get the free standalone discspeed utility at this link. I've only used it on windows xp, I'm not sure if it will work with vista.
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Nero_CD-DVD_Speed