1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie has pixelation spot after running it thru Rebuilder...wondering why?

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by fettfan, May 4, 2007.

1. fettfan

fettfan Member

Ok...I ripped die Hard with DVD Fab Decryptor and then ran it thru DVD Rebuilder (FREE version). After checking a few scenes (the movie was Die Hard) I noticed a pixelation spot. Now this spot was not present on the movie before I ran it thru Rebuilder. I haven't had time to sit down and watch the whole movie, but I'm just wondering why this spot occured after running it thru RB. I re-did it thru RB and it was there again too. Any ideas?

-Keith

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

which encoder did you use? what quality setting? what media are you using? how fast did you burn it? did you do full disc and was the pixelation in the main movie or the extras?

3. ebega

ebega Regular member

Also, did you check for pixelation on both the original DVD as well as the files that were output by DVDFab?

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think ebega hit upon the problem. Check the ripped files that you're using for encoding. Usually Rebuilder only includes video flaws that are already there (problem in, problem out). Under normal circumstances RB doesn't create or eliminate video flaws. You can use filters, but that's in addition to the regular RB function.