1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie iso

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Pikester6, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Pikester6

Pikester6 Member

I downloaded a movie and it came in an .iso. The file is over 4gb and my Hd is FAT so i can't extract it. BUt my sister's comp's HD is NTFS. So i plan to transfer the .rar to my sister's comp and split the iso in two(thus decrasing it's size hopfully) and transfer it back to my comp and burn it that way. my question is:

1) Is it possible to split an iso? If it is, how?

2) How do i burn two .isos onto a single dvd disk?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can Split and ISO but you can Not Burn 2 ISO Files to a Disk...

An ISO files is a Disk Image and you can Not Burn 2 Disk Images to a single Disk....

Your only option as I can see it to either Transfer the Files to another PC and Burn the ISO to DVD on that PC or to burn the Rar files to a Disk and then Re-Format your HD to NTFS and then Transfer the Files back to your PC and extract them and Burn the ISO to DVD...

If there was another way I would Tell you But without NTFS you are Pretty Much humped when it comes to Creating DVD"s....

Cheers

3. Pikester6

Pikester6 Member

would I be able to buy External HD and format it NTFS (is that even possible?) then burn it?

4. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

try using magic ISO to extract the ISO files...

@ yes it is possible to use an external HD just a bit slower though

5. Pikester6

Pikester6 Member

Having troubles with extracting the iso(in the rar) with magic ISO, can you give me some instrutions?

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t use Magic Iso to Extract the ISO from the rar you use winRar for that ...You can use Magic ISO to extract the Files from the ISO file but not the rar files....WinRar can also extract the Files from the ISO....

7. Pikester6

Pikester6 Member

But i'm already having trouble extracting the iso FROM the rar because my HD is FAT32 formatted...

8. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

If your going to be messing with video files you need to be running windows 2000 or xp and set your hardrives up for ntfs not only does it get you past the 4 gig limit but it's more secure and faster.

Good Luck

Spacedust

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if the ISO file is over 4gb then you will not even be able to extract it much less Burn it to DVD....

I suggest that you Burn the Rar files to a DVD to save them and then Reformat your Hard Drive re-format your Drive to NTFS and Re-Install Win XP (If you aren"t useing XP then get XP)..Then Copy the Rar files back to your PC and extract them and Burn them to DVD....

A Fat32 system is Just Not a Good Idea anymore because of the Size of the Files that Poeple Work with these Days and with new Disk Formats Like HD-DVD and Blue Ray that are comeing out soon the size of Files are only going to get Bigger.....

Cheers

10. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

that is what i meant, using Magic iso to extract the files from the ISO...

anyway, you can get a file splitting program, burn them to cds, recompile all the files together to have the original, extract and then burn to disc...

everyone is happy :)

11. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I"m sure he would use Magic ISO if he could but he can not even Extract the ISO from the Rar Much Less extract the ISO....

His only solution is NTFS....

12. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

like i said, split the files and then recompile them on his sisters computer

13. StanNasty

StanNasty Guest

I think I understand about opening the ISO file. I made a rookie mistake and saved a movie in DVD Decrypter as an ISO file instead of in F mode. Please let me know if I am on the right track and if this is possible!! If I open the iso file in Winrar and extract the Video_ts and Audio_Ts files back to the HD I can use these files as the original DVD files. Open the file in Shrink with ANYdvd in the background and burn it onto a DL disk. I don't have any DL disks. Is there a way to take a 2 layer disk and burn it to a single? I also have many of the popular burning programs. If noone minds, please lead me down the right path.