1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emaij, Sep 30, 2004.

1. emaij

emaij Member

I finally got my movie together and went to burn it onto my new DVD burner and the format is wrong... The software I have is Nero 5.5.10.49. I have it saved both as a 17gig dv-avi file and as a 1.2gig Windows Media Video. Quality is fine on the smaller file.

Problem is that my Nero Express (and seemingly Nero Burning) will only accept .ifo, .vob, .bup, and video_ts.

Is there a way for me to burn with what I have or do I need additional software?

2. john179

john179 Active member

To be honest emaij avi conversion is not one of Nero's strongest points.I would look at picking up another software like winavi which i like to use and is much better than Nero for this sort of thing.There is also many other good avi conversion software packages around.You might want to put a search out on Googles to find one that suits all your needs.

3. emaij

emaij Member

How about converting Windows Media?

4. john179

john179 Active member

Should be fine to.

5. emaij

emaij Member

OK... DVDSanta does it. BUT that costs $$$. Is there a way for me to do it for freee?

Actually DVDSanta took hours to code and then just before burning there was a warning that some annoying label would be on the picture if I proceeded... so I did not.

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You can burn the avi file to a CD not a DVD to create a VCD or SVCD. Nero will convert this much better but the file cannot be any larger than 700mb so you will have a problem. Which movie editing software did you use to create the movie? Most editing software will give you the option to render an mpeg2 file or burn directly to DVD.

7. emaij

emaij Member

Unfortunately I used Movie Maker which did not give me any choices. It just rendered it as WMV... It did ask if I wanted to burn VCD but my files are big.