1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie + Menu

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by goodt, Mar 24, 2004.

1. goodt

goodt Member

I've been looking through the forum for my answer, but I'm not quite sure of the best method to do what I want. I've been backing up DVDs with Shrink using the re-author mode to retain only the movie, and then burning with Burnatonce. I've had great success with this method, but what is the best way to also include the menu and possibly 1 or 2 extras, but still eliminate the rest? I know with Shrink in re-author mode, you can not retain any of the menus. Thanks for the help in advance!

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't you can do that, the reason I say that is cause I tried just dragging and dropping just the menues and movie and it got stuck in a loop of just the opening menu's "SUM OF ALL FEARS" not like any movie matter's but that's what happend to ME.
    I think re-author is just for one thing, kind of either main movie or extra's -etc.etc.

3. goodt

goodt Member

Thanks Geestar, but I'm pretty sure this is possible. I thought that I had read somewhere that someone had done it.

4. movie_777

movie_777 Member

goodt,

There is a freeware program out there that allows you to keep the menu and remove whatever you like from it. The program is called DVDStripper. DVDStripper allows you to keep the menu structure while deleting any extras which in turn will improve the movie quality. Give it a try.

Hope this helps.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you want a good program to purchase that will let you edit like in shrink and still keep menu active, I would suggest CloneDVD. About $40. You will need a decrypter to run behind it. Very simple to use and edit. Excellent quality. 30 day trial download to see if you like it.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 24, 2004
  6. goodt

goodt Member

Thanks Jerry! I'll give it a try.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I never tried DVDStripper but she sound's HOT! I'll give a shot too, and see how it work's.