1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie on different TVs Viewing problem

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by DVDmaker1, Feb 23, 2010.

1. DVDmaker1

DVDmaker1 Member

I have several movies that i converted to DVD for personal enjoyment(mostly animes), they show up fine on my TV. The problem, however, is that my brother's tv cuts off about maybe 10% the right side, Shows an extra 5% left side and my Sister tv does something similar.
    My Tv dimensions:(Left, Top, Right, Bottom side padded to)
    My Brother's:
    My Sister's
    I don't have enough space on the DVD for Muilt-angle Videos with all three of those dimensions...
    anyone have any suggestion?

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

When you encode the video choose the 4/3 or fullscreen setting. That should work on most TV sets. That's the only setting I use.

I forgot to add make sure that there are no black bars when you do the fullscreen. If there are any black bars that will produce problems like you have.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2010
  3. DVDmaker1

DVDmaker1 Member

I did try the 4/3 setting, but sis' tv still giving me issues...
    i'll try the fullscreen setting, next.
    thanks for the suggestion.

4. jony218

jony218 Guest

5. DVDmaker1

DVDmaker1 Member

With regards to DVDFlick, that was the reason i switched to video files with the sides padded, because dvdflick kept cropping too much or didn't pad enough on two side(rather it did symmeterical padding instead of my tv dimensions). I've been working with video files for a while, but this problem has been a real puzzle to me, and normally, i like puzzles, but this one is giving me a headache.