1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie only (3,121MB) wont copy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ferals, Dec 27, 2004.

1. ferals

ferals Member

Having trouble copying to dvd-r disk.The movie only is 3,121 MB.Any suggestions.If i copy using decrypter can i then go in and select the movie only?Only used DVD Shrink before and that wont let me do the movie only.
    Help if you can.

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

Couple of questions:

How big is the disc you are trying to back up? Is it a DVD-5 (single layer) or a DVD-9 (double layer)?

Decrypter cannot compress or reauthor anything which is what it sounds like you are trying to do. This is where DVD Shrink comes in. It can do both, Re-author a disc (like if you only want the movie portion and not the extras, menus, specials, etc...) and it can also compress it to fit. Try the "help" tab when you run Shrink and look up "Reauthoring". Or just hit the reauthor tab and open your disc. It should come up with a Menu, Main Movie, and Extras sections. Just drag and drop the main movie to the left. Just be aware that when you reauthor a disc you lose menu functionality even if you keep the menus. :)

3. Batman400

Batman400 Member

DVD Shrink will let you copy just the movie I do it all the time,once you have open the disk go to the top of the page and hit REAUTHOR this will split up the dvd and the movie part is in the second part of the list and is the largest file if there are 2 files there 1 will be standard screen and the other will be wide screenif it ofers angle1 or angle2 these are usally the directors view,I read you are using DVD- you do know that these will only in about 20% of DVD players that DVD- is more files and backup ect.
    DVD+ is more for the video-movie side and that also when copying a DVD you should not use your computer and you should even shut off your screen saver if you multi task or your screensaver turns on this could cause a ghost and could cause the DVD to skip

Good Luck Batman400