1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie plays with English audio in WMP but ...

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by meercat, Jan 12, 2006.

1. meercat

meercat Member

Hello,

I want to burn an Japanese animae movie with English audio.
    The file types are .ogm and .sfv..?
    I have Winavi video converter 6.3 to convert it...apparently if the file plays perfectly in WMP, Winavi should be able to convert it.

The movie automatically plays with Japanese audio with no subtitles on WMP unless I use Vobsub to switch audio to English in which it does. The problem is that I switched the option (in Vobsub) to play English audio in WMP but when I converted it, it still came out with Japanese audio.

Can anyone suggest a way around this? Is there a way to permanently set Vobsub to English audio? Does Subtitle 65535 hold any relevance?

Thanks for your help.
    meercat

2. arcanix

arcanix Active member

When the encoding has started, change the audio to english from vobsub ^_^ Worked for me on the same situation with winavi.

3. meercat

meercat Member

It worked! Thanks heaps for that pointer - I am pretty embarrassed that it was as simple as that :p

Thanks again

4. arcanix

arcanix Active member

No problem ^_^ I struggled with the same problem when I figured that out. I like japanese audio with subtitles better, but this didn't work with subtitles though. And the sfv file is just for integrity checking, you can delete it.

5. meercat

meercat Member

Same...I would have preferred to have this movie with Japanese audio/English subtitles but for some reason, even though the option was there in WMP, it wouldn't play as that.

The strange thing is that Media Player Classic can play this movie with Japanese audio/English subtitles.

Was I missing a codec that WMP needed?

cheers

6. arcanix

arcanix Active member

Mpc uses the same codecs as wmp, so if it works on mpc it should work on wmp, and vice versa.