1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movie skips

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by merllin, Mar 18, 2005.

1. merllin

merllin Guest

I used dvd shrink to make a back-up of my daughters movie before she scratches it all up. and the new one skips or keeps freezing and jumping, does anyone know why this would be, i tried nero but, file was slightly larger than the disc i have.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is it skipping towards the end of the disk or all over?

Could be a problem with the media you are using. What brand and type of media are you using?

3. merllin

merllin Guest

all over, from the beginning to the end. It will start then pause for a second then jump forward and etc...

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yea what brand of media are you using? Also what speed are you burning at?

6. merllin

merllin Guest

I am using TDK DVD-R 8x, but i am burning at 1, would it fix it if i tested it after right?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

8. merllin

merllin Guest

Manufacturer tdk Corp.
    manufacturer id: TTGO2
    I believe the movie that is skipping is a type 9 or something if that would have anything to do with it?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There have been a few, and I mean a few people have problems with those disk's lately. I would try a different brand of media like some Maxell's or Verbatim. This is the easiest fix right now, and is more than likely the problem..

10. merllin

merllin Guest

what is a good brand to buy, and where is a cheap place to buy them.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If your in the US check OfficeMax, Home Depot, BestBuy, Staples ect.. They are always having sales on them, but you should just get 1 or 2 at a time first until you find a brand that works good for you. You should be good to go with Verbatim Data life Plus, Maxell, or Sony brands. Stay away from cheap no name brands and Memorex. Try and get some that say made in Japan is usually a good rule of thumb. If you don't mind purchacing online then go for some Taiyo Yuden's you cant really go wrong with those's. Here is a good site that sells those http://www.supermediastore.com/index.html