1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie studios do piracy

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Adamontar, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adamontar

Adamontar Member

They say that piracy is a problem when the motion picture association made over 48 billin dollars. Piracy does not exist. no one honest can make this amount of money without it being stolen from people like you and me.
    You buy a movie on a original dvd its like buying it no different to getting it from pirate sources,YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS, once your disk gets damaged you will not get a replacement same with pirated dvds.
    Original dvd costs 100%, no rights, no replacement, no upgrade to blu-ray or hd-dvd.
    Pirated dvd costs only 10% or less of original dvd price, you have the same rights as if you brought from a pirate source.
    I know people who brought dvd a few years, through wear and tear they got damaged, they should get a replacement, its just a piece of plastic.

Everyone should fight back.
    Only get copied software. games, movies, music.
    FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT,IF THE MOVIE STUDIOS DONT CHANGE, PIRACY LOOKS LIKE THE ONLY ANSWER FOR FAIR PURCHASING.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

"Pirated dvd costs only 10% or less of original dvd price"- not at all a new released dvd is 19-29 dollars, however china town is 1-2$, piracy really never even effects the big guys, small software company's can really get hurt, the big guys (fox, paramount) are the only ones complaining yet there only missing a couple of penny's here and there, MOST PEOPLE aren't rich so there not going to pay 20$ for 8 songs.

MPAA (watch out how you phrase your comments)

3. paztelu

paztelu Regular member

Why get a replacement? Why get an upgrade? Its the same if you buy a car, if it wears out after the warranty period, to bad you pay to get it repaired, If a new generation of hybrid cars comes out they dont give you a free upgrade, and looking at several products we can easily do a parallel between these examples.

Then you may ask, the other products give out warranty, I dont know if DVD movies do, although I doubt it being an very damage prone product especially for those people who really does not take care of it disc, they end up being unreadable in few time, so the Movie industry will end up losing lots of dolars replacing DVDs from careless people.

What I really im against to, is the prices the industry asks for original content, I live in a "3rd world" country and its really insane for the prices they ask for several movies, software, games, and well that really made piracy proliferate, people do really have reasons to buy pirated content, being so that lets say that 4 copies of the original battlefield 2, will cost a monthly minimum wage in this country and original copy of windows probabbly will cost the same.

So piracy in my opinion is not fighting for Rights, its only a choice millions of people prefer because of the prices of the original software vs pirated software and how easily piracy gives the buyer thousands of choices that maybe not available originally. So maybe if the industry will think its strategy again, pull down prices and really give the user an advantage in using its original software against its pirated counterpart, people will start thinking twice before buying those pirated movies.

4. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

These post disturb me. Being a big Anti DRM fan, i also dont condone piracy. You can try and condone your actions, maybe you actually beleve that you are doing no harm, when in reality, you are the problem.

Piracy hurts us all, becasue the regualr consumer like me has to pay more for features like AACS, BD+ etc.

Taking something that you dont own, or have rights to, even if its not for monitery gain, is wrong and it costs all of us.

Buying pirated goods is the lowest of the low. Making monies of of the works of others is sickning.

If your going to pirate (People love to pirate) aleast do it for free, and NEVER BUY PIRATED GOODS.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.