1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies are now jumping but never used to, WHY?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scoops01, Feb 3, 2005.

1. scoops01

scoops01 Member

I have been backing up DVD's since november now (still getting used to it. I have an e-machines comoputer with a built in dvd+/- re-writer. I buy all my discs from a computer fair mainly Bulqpak 4x dvd-r (orange discs) and i burn with roxio 7. They worked fine with 1 or 2 jumping but i have since changed discs, i went for the same type (bulqpak 4x dvd-r) this time they were yellow discs now nearly all my films are jumping. I know it sounds like the disc are the problem but could this be the burning software.

has any one else had problems with roxio.
    I have now started to use Nero 6.6 will this sort out the problem.

please help

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

you already know your answer.......

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yup!

same as zippyd, dump those bulqpaq! i have been there!

get ritek! computer fairs may have duff stuff!

4. scoops01

scoops01 Member

cheers guys

made myself sound stupid there did forget to mention that i also changed to roxio 7 from roxio 6 around the same time could this also be a problem or is it just the discs

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

roxio may cause problems, alot here hate it! myself too..

you can not uninstall it! you think you have but you havent! its needs an app to get rid! it does have issues!

but the above help still applies! and even on cheap media in 6 months time what worked wont!

6. scoops01

scoops01 Member

cheers rotary, your some guy.

maybe you could help with this problem

when i used to decrypt my films and burn with roxio 6 i used dvd20ne to resize to fit the disc. I was told with roxio7 it would shrink it for me (this might have caused the above problem). Now that i'm using nero do i have to manually shrink the film and if so what should i use

plese help

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i found that dvd decrpyter and dvd shrink do the lot!

amazing free apps! although dvd2one is great! but restrcted...

i use dvd decrypter as its the best to date at ripping! then i use shrink to compress / re-author if needed, and set shrink to burn with decrypter or nero!

i would get used to dvd shrink as it helps blank the new protection called sony acros by inserting a still image etc...

just those 2 apps will rip and do everything! its all you need, untill you get a problem disc like forgotten grudge, little black book, resident evil 2 etc...

you may need to get anydvd to run in the backgroud if your drives arnt region free etc...then rip with decrypter....

2 apps and your done!

8. scoops01

scoops01 Member

you are certainly on my xmas card list dude. Cheers

Are you any good with PS2 games.
    I have been using dvd decrypter to read and write but they aren't working. Is this also the disc and if i use nero instead and it still doesn't will it deff be the discs.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

You need either a modchip or the swap discs to play burned PS2 games. Make sure you use the correct format disc (- or +, I believe V4 and before only play -, V5 and later play both) and burn at 1x if possible, 2x if not. But Decrypter should work, that's what I use. 100% success so far at 1x.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  10. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

I currently open my dvd with dvd shrink and then analyize the encode then burn with decryptor. Is this method ok or is there another way to open the dvd w/ decryptor then resize with shrink and then burn with decryptor.

Thanks for the help.

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Your method should be fine, except for new movies with new encryption they started using. If Shrink starts to hang during the analysis, this is probably one of these movies. You will need to get the newest version of Decrypter and rip with this, then use Shrink and burn. You might also have to change the start frame to a point past the black screen (this is where the problem is located usually). I use AnyDVD, which so far has eliminated the need to use Decrypter on new movies. I love it.

12. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

do you recommend doing all the work from shrink then burn with decryptor. Some have said to do everything from decryptor but can decrytpor shrink the file to fit on a dvd-r.

Thanks for the help.

13. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

do you recommend doing all the work from shrink then burn with decryptor. Some have said to do everything from decryptor but can decrytpor shrink the file to fit on a dvd-r.

Thanks for the help.

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Decrypter cannot compress. If your movie is a DVD5 (single layer) then all you need is Decrypter. If it is a DVD9 (dual layer) you will need to compress. That is unless you are using dual layer DVD+R.

15. gerard514

gerard514 Regular member

Ok thank you that explains it all there and now can lay to rest.