1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies are out of sync!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by xRaidenx, May 6, 2007.

1. xRaidenx

xRaidenx Member

For the past 2 weeks some of the movies I have downloaded have been out of sync. Even when I burn them they are usually out of sync. I am using nero to burn the movies and I have never had a problem with nero before and they have never been out of sync before, not even a little. I tried fixing it by downloading codecs and reinstalling my OS. But that didn't help. I have all the same codecs and the same programs I did before and all my drivers are installed and in working order. If you could PLEASE tell me how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Or give me links to pages with codecs or movie burning software. I already have xvid, ffdshow, etc. I have a good computer so I know that it isn't that but I don't know what it could be. PLEASE REPLY! I WANT TO WATCH MY MOVIES!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Making the assumption that they are AVI files and are in sync before conversion to DVD.

Try this for the conversion of the AVI to DVD format.
    http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe

Import the file(s) (AVI, MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.

Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Use Nero burning ROM to burn the files to DVD.

3. xRaidenx

xRaidenx Member

Thanks if this works that would be awesome!

4. xRaidenx

xRaidenx Member

It still does it. Some movie are in sync and some are out of sync. Even movies that have been on my computer for months. They are only a few seconds apart so its not something major but I don't know what it could be. I have a geforce 6600gt video card and onboard audio. This is really pissing me off and i don't know what is wrong. All my drivers are installed and up to date. But one thing i did notice is when i watch a movie on fullscreen the picture is pixelated, its almost close to perfect. No matter what format the movies are in(mostly all are in windows movie format) they are still out of sync. I am pretty sure that it has to do with my video card. PLEASE HELP!

5. dxwood

dxwood Guest

I had the same problem - it only seems to happen if you download using a
    TV card (I also grab from a DVR & copy to the PC).

Anyway if you disable Nero Smart Encoding then it should fix the problem (burns smaller but takes longer) - I just improve the Sound Quality (Dolby 5.1) & increase the Video rate to the highest that will fit on the Media (ie DVD)

Hope that that helps

6. xRaidenx

xRaidenx Member

No, I download them with newsbin. If I download them from there or anywhere else it is out of sync like 85% of the time. No matter if I am downloading,recoding,bruning, or whatever. Even movies that i have had on my computer for a long time do the same thing. I know it has something to do with a driver or my video card because it does it not matter what almost.

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

xRaidenx this has nothing to do with a driver or your video card it is eather during conversion or the download is out of sync, you might try using virtuldub to fix your sync problem, good luck, also what you might do i am sure that you paid money for the service to download the movies that you are having trouble with, you could try geting a hold of tech surport at the site where you got the movies and see if they can help you, maby they will let you re download the files if they won't i would ask for a refund of the money that you paid, that is what i would do, it is worth a try, have a nice day

8. xRaidenx

xRaidenx Member

I tryed that virtualdub thing and it gave me this error:

[!] AVI: Variable bitrate (VBR) audio detected. VBR audio in AVI is
    non-standard and you may encounter sync errors up to 62955ms when
    attempting to extract WAV files or processing the audio in Direct Stream
    Copy mode. Full Processing mode is recommended to decompress or recompress
    the audio. (bitrate: 138.2 ± 28.4 kbps)

I understand what is saying but what programs or settings do i need to change to fix it?

9. attar

attar Senior member

Open the video in Media Player Classic, then click on Play -> Audio -> Option.
    Tick the box next to Audio time shift(ms), and enter a number.
    Click OK, and play the video.
    Keep changing this number until the audio lines up.
    Once you are happy that you have found the delay in milliseconds,write it down.

Open the video in virtualdubmod (answer 'No' if it asks you to rewrite the header) and click on Streams -> Stream List.
    Right-click on the stream and select Interleaving.
    In the bottom section of the dialogue, marked 'Audio Skew Correction', enter the number you found in MPC.
    Click OK, OK.
    Click Video > Direct Stream Copy.
    Click File -> Save As.. and save a new, hopefully corrected, avi file.

Media Player Classic
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm

VirtualDubMod
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=65889

But if you are getting sync problems with every file, then something fundamental is wrong in the PC.

Last edited: May 20, 2007