1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies burned with DRU-700A are not playable

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tiramola, Oct 13, 2004.

1. tiramola

tiramola Member

I have purchased a Sony DRU-700A in order to make copies of DVD movies. I use DVD decrypter to rip the movie to hard-disk and dvd2one or dvdshrink in order to make it fit on a DVD-R. I usually select only the movie without any extras.
    The problem is that although I can play the movie on hard-disk when I burn it, it is no longer playable. It
    freezes continuasly sometimes in the middle of the movie, sometimes at the end.

Does anyone had the same problem and is able to help?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Newbie questions don't belong in the Advanced forum :)

Thread moved.

Media can play a huge part in the final result. Low quality media loves to skip, stutter and freeze especially towards the middle and end of a film just as you've described.

Solutions are to use quality media if you aren't doing so already as well as to slow the burn speed :)

What brand/type media are you using?

Have you updated the firmware for your drive to the latest version?

3. tiramola

tiramola Member

I'm not as newbie as my question might imply.
    I've made DIVx movies for more than 6 years

But you are right I'm new at the DVD business. You know here in Greece thing run always with a little delay.. :)

I've updated the firware and the problem remained
    Lower burn speed had no difference

The strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time. I've used Princo and TDK disks. The problem occurs only on copying video files. Data dvds are burned without any problems

The funny thing is that i burned over 50 movies with a BTC DVD-RW and I changed with a Sony because they told me this is better!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are you able to try the Sony in another PC in order to determine if the drive itself is good?

5. hijacker

hijacker Guest

I had a similar problem.Of course I bought some cheap disc that wouldn't finalize.So I upped the firmware of my drive by going to cdfreaks.com.I still get a movie that will not finalize.I was burning with nero 6.But I am going to try just using decryptor for the buring process instead of nero.I would try these things out.Try using just shrink and decryptor.when you get to shinks back-up option choose ISO image and check the use dvd decyptor for the image burn when it pops-up.DVD decryptor will automatically open up afer the encoding process of shrink.You may want to go into shink and change some settings.Like the pattin-couffin setting if you have it downloaded to your computer and try using this option with the VSO driver. you may find it on mrbass.org.Also clean off your dvd first from finger prints.DVD-burners pick-up errors from disc with scratches as to dvd players with possible stronger lasers.Run the movie clean first.

6. Quantrill

Quantrill Member

Some info I picked up on was posted in newbie area.

The DRU 700A will only run correctly if set to Master
    with no devices slaved. Other DVD, CD/RW, etc will conflict.

May not be your problem, but just passing it along.