1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

movies in dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blue0921, Jan 25, 2005.

1. blue0921

blue0921 Guest

I made a dvd with Nero Vision Express and it won't play in any dvd player. When I put the disc into the computer its plays normally but not in any dvd player. What does that mean? What can I do to fix it? I know it isn't the type of disc I have because other discs that are of the exact same type play just fine in my dvd players.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

What brand of player? How old is it? What brand or media did you burn? What type +R -R +RW -RW? Sometimes simply changing the brand of media remedies. Sometimes burning at a slower speed helps. Use RW media until you identify the problem.

3. blue0921

blue0921 Guest

I am using dvd-rw's. The dvd players are sony and daewoo. They aren't old at all. I have played dvd's of the same type in them today and they work, but the ones I made using Nero don't play. Why? What do I do to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2005
  4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Do you have other DVD burning software installed? Sometimes Nero doesn't play well with others.

Do a complete uninstall of Nero.
    If you have other DVD burning software installed but are not using, uninstall it.
    Run Nero's General Clean Tool (see http://nero.com/us/FAQs_Tools_Utilities.html#4 for DLing and use).
    Do a clean installation of the latest Nero.

Often this solves the problem.