1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies not playing in fullscreen mode?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by cmjackson, Feb 16, 2003.

1. cmjackson

cmjackson Guest

Some movies i've got will play ok but after a few minuites the size of the movie shrinks to about 2 3rds of it's original size. This happens whether it's in fullscreen mode or not. I had this problem with the Pluto Nash film and i sorted it out but for the life of me i can't remember what i done. This movie used the Xvid codec which i've got and i've re-installed it but that dosn't work.
    Can anyone help?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2003
  2. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

My problem is very similar so I will post here. What happens to me is that whether in original mode or full screen, after about 1 min., the movie shrinks down to about the size of our reply text box in the forum. The audio and video is in sync and the quality is great. I have Nimo's updated codec pack and on other computers in my house, I have no problems. It is just with my Dell 98SE 800mhz P3. I have installed several players, all giving me the same results. Please help us. I have searched all around in Google and have yet to find an solvent. Thanks in advance.

3. cmjackson

cmjackson Guest

Mmmm i don't know if it's got anything to do with it but i've also got a Dell Pc, 4300 series, 1.6 ghz win ME

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2003
  4. spike1050

spike1050 Regular member

5. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

Ok, what you need is the klcodec14.exe. Do a search on google.com for it and before you install, uninstall any know codecs. This package has all the updated codecs for you. It has solved my problem for sure.