1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies on HDTV with USB

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Zythyr, May 16, 2010.

1. Zythyr

Zythyr Member

I have a Sanyo DP42849 HDTV. This HDTV has a USB port and I was wondering if there a way to put .avi or .mp4 files on a USB drive and be able to watch it on the HDTV?

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

hahaha.. this is going to be the next big question.. just like "can I play my flashed 360 on live?" asked thousands and thousands of times.

what does the instruction book say the usb port is for? you have the instructions I suppose?

use as a PC monitor and has a USB input with Photo Viewer to display digital camera photos! PC Interface VGA (HD-15). It consists of a USB port.

typical engrish there.. not clear at all. What it won't do is play avi files.. it's a tv not a pc.

3. rylai17

rylai17 Member

well nothing is impossible now.. I think I have read some in the net a tv with a dvd player on it.

4. JohnRocks

JohnRocks Member

I am in Dutch not getting anything what to do?? What not to do.?? Anyway whenever I get any solution of this, sure I will tell you.

5. JohnRocks

JohnRocks Member

Ofcourse you can. Just try for that. Thanks for sharing.