1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movies skip after a successful burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ignite12, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ignite12

ignite12 Member

Has anyone had problems with your movies freeze for about 1 second and then continue playing OK. I backed up Darkness with decrypter and shrink and in the beginning it freezes for about 1 second then keeps playing. It does this for about 30 seconds then the movies plays perfect have no idea why. Can anyone help?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would say cheap or fake media! what speed did you burn at? on what?

3. ignite12

ignite12 Member

I burned at 8x and the media I used was Maxell RW+. You are probably right I will try TDK media today.

Thanks

4. WIZ1K

WIZ1K Member

Slow your record speed down to 4x. Sometimes your player can't read the faster recorded discs.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

wow daddyo slow that sucker down to 4x and give it a shot!

also dont burn to end of disc may help? keep gig dowm in the shrink app used!

6. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

It's true, try not to burn any faster than 4X, also use good media.

You said you're using RW media , I think DVD-R media is read better by stand alone dvd players.

7. hasm

hasm Member

I get similar freezing problems however I get them towards the end of the disc. The longer the movie the more it seems to freeze. I attribute it to (possibly incorrectly) how the disc speed is affected from the center out. Sometimes if I stop the film and restart, locating the scene it goes ok, sometimes it doesn't and if I dont have menus then obviously I can't locate where I was. I was buring at "MAX" speeds then I tried one at 1x but it still froze. Currently I have one burned at 2x but havent watched it yet. The beginning of it looks good though. I am using IMGTool to make the ISO then it hooks up with DVD Decrypter. I am using Phillips DVD-R. I was told that -R was better but I havent learned the difference really. Sorry for the book but wanted to share my similar experience and see if you all could shed some light. Thanks

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

@ hasm

that is media!!!!! need better media for sure

been there i use ritek go5 now

also try setting shrink to 4300 instead of default 4460

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

hasm,
    definitely need some better media. This is the only media code I can find for phillips dvd-r. Philips DVD-R 8x (CMC MAG AE1) Cmag is Junk, worst media manufacturer there is IMHO.

10. hasm

hasm Member

lol, I just bought two 25 packs on sale of the Phillips. Thanks for the tips tho. I will try better media

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Take it back. Most stores will give you a refund even on open packages. If not I'm sure they will let you exchange it for some different(better) media. Try some maxell, sony, fuji, or TDK. Stay away from memorex.

Mort