1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving modded HD to a new Xbox. How do I do it?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by gfrobe, May 5, 2009.

1. gfrobe

gfrobe Member

I upgraded the HD on my xBox and kept the original softmodded 10gb drive that was previously in there. I'd now like to put that old drive into a 2nd xBox but not sure how. I still have the original xbox and I also have a full back up of the C and E drives on my PC. What steps do I take to make the original eeprom compatible with the motherboard in the 2nd Xbox?

Thanks.

2. gfrobe

gfrobe Member

Anyone know if this is possible? Unfortunately, I screwed up the original on the second Xbox (code 7 error) so don't know the eeprom of the motherboard.

Thanks

3. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

you cannot put a softmodded hdd into another xbox, the eeproms are different. you need to read out the eeprom of the xbox you want to put the harddrive in, and lock your harddrive using that eeprom. use the softmod tutorial to backup the eeprom. if you screwed all the xboxes up, meaning it will not let you boot either ms dash or softmod (only error codes) you have to build the eeprom reader to read out the eeprom straight off the motherboard, or put in a modchip.