1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 burning as a "CDA",,I need help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dward, Apr 3, 2011.

1. dward

dward Member

Hi Everybody-

I have some MP3 files that I am trying to burn as a MP3 to a cd so I can play them in my car. After I burn them, I go to my car and the cd player can see all the tracks, but never plays the audio till about 3 to 4 minuets after I insert the disk, If I forward to another track it takes forever again for the song to play. And sometimes the song is very choppy. If I put the disk in my computer, each track has a ".cda" extension and that the size is "0".

Am I doing something wrong or what?? Im confused, so if anybody can tell me how to get these to play or how I can burn to an MP3 format that my car can recognize, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks much for your time!!

If you need further information, please feel free to ask.

Sincerely- Doug

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You need to burn your mp3s to an audio disk format. What ever you are trying to do is way wrong. Below is another thread only a few days old that they were trying to do the same. Where did you get the idea to convert to cda first? You can't because that is insane most systems will not allow you to do that.

A thread a few down from yours

3. dward

dward Member

Hi There-

I just use a free cd burner to burn my mp3 files. It's called "cd burner XP". I also have "Record Now" and that doesn't finish even finish a complete burn. Can you suggest a good audio/cd burner that I can try??

Thanks- Doug

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Media Monkey. In almost 10 yrs no one has ever asked a question or complained about that burn routine. Go to the top sticky and go down to audio managers and click on the link. At there own site they want you to do too much for a free copy. My link is to Cnet which you can just download the free version. Other usable free apps are itunes and WMP.

5. dward

dward Member

HI there-

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!!!!

Sincerely- Doug

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

you should make sure your car cd player can play mp3s (most newer models play them fine,should say on the box or player).when i make an mp3 disc i make it as a data disk.

7. DreamTech

DreamTech Member

If you want to listen to mp3's burn them as data on a CDR. But if you want the mp3's to work in normal Cd players you have to convert them to .cda Nero & Roxio can do that for you just choose you'r mp3's and burn them as a AUDIO CD and then Nero or Roxio (maybe more Burn Progs van do that) convert them on the Fly for you. And yes you will become a Audio Cd with .cda tracks and a 0 size but they will be there and OK. Leave between the tracks no pause and Finalize you'r CD's and they must be OK. Maybe you'r car stereo has problems with Recordable Cd's try a another Brand that will help sometimes or maybe you's PC's burner isn't dooing well.Also if you's PC is'nt a quick one don't use the PC while you burn a CD so there will be no hickups. Good Luck DreamTech

8. Mez

Mez Active member

Too much work for absolutely no purpose. Some people need to run around a house 100 time before they go in because they think that makes them better. Maybe you get it to work maybe you don't. What you do not realize is audio apps do all that for you CORRECTLY on the fly. They will always work because the guys that made application know a great deal more than you do. There is no benefit doing it yourself. You can't do better than correct and usually you will wind up screwing your self up. Maybe you don't use a printer because you can copy off the screen so much smarter than a stupid printer. What you suggest is almost that stupid!

By the way, Roxio puts out sheer trash! Freeware can wipe the floor with Roxio products. I don't like Nero either but it is just poorly engineered it is far from trash.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011