1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 cd in normal cd player???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by erik1213, Aug 30, 2004.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

Is is possible to play an mp3 cd in a normal cd player that doesn't play the mp3 format? Is there a way of tricking the play into thinking it is a normal cd? I have tons of cd players around my house and in my car but only 2 of them play the mp3 format cd and they are both home entertainment systems. I would like to be able to play my mp3's in my car without needing 15 discs to fit all my music.

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I really doubt it's possible, but I know with the ps2 there's a way to burn the media player on the beginning of the mp3 CD so it can play mp3's (which it can't normaly do). I doubt CD players can do this though so I don't think there's anyway to do it.

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

A standard audio system without MP3 availability will not play an MP3 disc. They do some very good, relatively cheap MP3 car stereo's these days, i own one myself and only need a couple of disc's in the car (about 16 album's worth)