1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 CD Problem

Discussion in 'Audio' started by raryke, Mar 8, 2005.

1. raryke

raryke Member

Im just getting into burning MP3 cds and i did my first one and now it plays on my pc in windows media player but when i put it in my car cd player which is yes MP3 cd compatible it just says its playing track 1 but nothing is coming out of the speakers and you cant skip to track 2 also it is supposed to say MP3 when a MP3 cd is inserted but it just says cd can someone please help me out here im using nero smart start and click on audio and then on make mp3 disc

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Most Car Mp3PLayer have a need for a Data CD where you put your MP3 in -- !

3. raryke

raryke Member

i think thats what nero makes when it does a MP3 cd but it just dont seem to be working i must be doing something wrong my cd player in my car is a Panasonic CQ-DFX983U MP3 WMA CD Player/Receiver if that helps at all

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

what plays in your Windows Media Player is an Audio Cd -- In nero 6 ultra you have a choice to make a Data cd that will hold some Mp3's -- It's done with Nero Express and it's available on the Menu of Nero Start Smart as "" Make MP3 CD ". --
    Reading from the specs for your Panasonic Car Player it says :-
    "" Having both MP3 and WMA compatibility is very handy, music collection can have a variety of both. Supports long filenames (up to 64 characters) and 31 other special characters (like Ä, ü, Ö, etc). 999 files total (max), 255 files per folder (max) with 255 folders (max). ""!

So to put up to that much music on one Cd -- it has to be a Data Cd and the music must be either wma or Mp3
    formats.

5. raryke

raryke Member

yeah that works i dunno why make a mp3 cd didnt but making it as a data worked fine thanks guys