1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp3 dead space issue

Discussion in 'Audio' started by HelloWrld, Mar 22, 2005.

1. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I've got this problem, I was burning some older mp3's...and I'm not sure which program ripped them...but there's about 15 seconds of dead air at the end of the track. I've never noticed this because iTunes skips over that 15 seconds. Like the remaining time will go 20...19...18...and then to the next track. It's weird, but the point it, does anybody know of a program that can detect and delete ending space? I guess another problem is that I don't even know if it's space or just a glitch. If there was meant to be a pause at the end, I would think that iTunes would play it, maybe some meta data is messed up. Who knows, but anyway, does anybody know of a program that might be able to help?

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi,
    Mp3trim is an excellent little program for what you want to do,You can download from here.
    http://www.mptrim.com/
    Hope this helps.
    WOO HOO! Just noticed i've been promoted again.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  3. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I think it's a metadata problem. MPtrim is reading the file at 4:10...where iTunes is reading it at 4:25. The ending it right on MpTrim. AHH, this is annoying. As I figure out more I'll edit this post. Does anybody know of a program that will read and show ALL data in an ID3 tag?

EDIT 1: Just to check, winAmp shows the false time as well

EDIT 2: This seems to fix it. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005