1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Editor

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dokiroku, Oct 12, 2004.

1. dokiroku

dokiroku Member

Hey, guys. I'm using Harddisk OGG to record streaming media thru my sound card. The first question: Is there any patch or software setting that would make it stop recording once the audio stops? I'd like to record 10 or 15 songs at a time (leave the computer on when I'm at work or sleeping, etc), but it's gonna be a big file if I do that!

Second question: Anyone know of any good software that allows me to chop up MP3 files into smaller, individual tracks? A friend of mine said Qbase and Acid can do this, but I don't know if he's right.

Thanks, guys.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

1) Yes that software exist -- but it limits the time you can record and not the number of songs it will capture.

2) There are a multitude of Sound Editors available where you can load a large wave file that has more then one Mp3 ; where you can find the cut off of each and split into individual waves.

Nero Ultra6 has a wave editor.

3. dokiroku

dokiroku Member

Hey, Jeanc1. Thanks for your help. I actually do have Nero, so I guess I'll just use it. I bought it a long time ago and didn't really use it that much. I didn't even know what that wave editor does.

Also, can you please tell me which software it is that will cut Harddisk Ogg off after a certain amount of time? Or, recording software that cuts off at a certain amount of time? That works out great for me, because the media player does tell me how long the playlist is.

Thanks!

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Goldwave is one -- It's available on Free Trial.

Hit F11 and you will see a window open -- and a RECORD TAB where you can set Delayed recording etc..... !

5. dokiroku

dokiroku Member

Thanks. I'll look that one up, especially since it comes with a free trial. That's great! :)