1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3 Files Burning as CDA

Discussion in 'Audio' started by cushphil, Oct 4, 2015.

1. cushphil

cushphil Member

Hi guys. I have a new laptop without a cd/dvd burner so I purchased an unbranded external burner. Now every time I rip a cd to mp3 and try and burn it it burns it into CDA files on the disc and I am not sure what to do to rectify this??? Any help welcome.

2. cushphil

cushphil Member

3. Mez

Mez Active member

It is not the burner.

Use different burning software if you can't find an option to burn 'as-is'. The wording will be different. It might be burn a data CD vs audio CD. You are making an audio CD right now. That can be played on most CD players. You can only play mp3 CDs on newer players. They are NEVER called audio CDs. That wording is reserved for CDA disks. I always recommend Media Monkey for burning audio CDs because you have more options with the data CD. The wording is more understandable (they add mp3 and WMA to describe data ) but I have not used their recent version.

There are only 2 members who routinely respond to these and we each check about once a week so don't expect immediate replies. You were lucky to be answered in a day. Often there isn't one post in a week.

4. cyclops1

cyclops1 Member

Burn it as a data cd rather than a music cd