1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3 Help Please

Discussion in 'Audio' started by p2v, Jun 22, 2004.

1. p2v

p2v Guest

Does anyone know how to convert mp3 to wma's faster than using nero wave editor...I'm stuck please help

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i assume, you have a wma only portable player.
    1 name.
    dbpoweramp.

i hope you know that transcoding from a lossy to lossy will resul in crap. right ? :p

3. p2v

p2v Guest

no i don't....it's that b4 my pc crashed i saved my music to cd's mp3 formatt so they will fit on less cd's now i'm trying to put them back on my windows media player but don't know how

thx for the responds

4. 02004976

02004976 Member

i normally require to do wma to mp3 so i use the Advanced WMA Workbench which is available somewhere on this site. This program lets u convert mp3 to wma as well as wma to mp3. Really good program, pretty speedy to, worth a look, it helped me out

5. p2v

p2v Guest

ok thx i'm going to try to find it

6. 02004976

02004976 Member

if you have any problems just gimmie a shout, i have the full version - thats assumin the version on here is only the trial
    - John

7. p2v

p2v Guest

i couldn't find it on this web site anywhere else i can ilook for it

8. 02004976

02004976 Member

Er not too sure where i got it from to be honest, if u got msn or yahoo, send me ur address and i will do i transfer to u if u like
    -John

9. p2v

p2v Guest

yea it's proneviolence911@yahoo.com

10. 02004976

02004976 Member

hi, havin problems addin u to yahoo messenger. Wont let me add u for some reason, if u check it then get bk to me, i have the files ready to tranfer to u mate

11. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

P2V, I cannot understand why someone would wish to transcode MP3s to WMA.
    Any media player will easily play either. Hell, on my PC I can just rename *.mp3 to *.wma and WMP9.0 will play it :)
    People should not be trying to help you accomplish this, without questions!
    BTW, WMP9.0 itself will gladly do this (unusual) thing you wish, will it not?
    No offense; I'm sure that I just don't understand your requirements exactly...
    Regards

12. p2v

p2v Guest

hi The_OGS what happen was my pc crashed, i had saved my mp3's on cd's, so i still have all my music but it's annoying looking throught cd's looking for the song that im looking for, so i just rather put them back into my pc as wma's, or im always open suggestion..

13. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

So just put them back into your PC as MP3s !
    I don't know anyone who uses WMA anyway, my friend.
    It's either LameMP3, OGG or ?
    Who has told you that your songs must become WMAs to go in your PC?

14. p2v

p2v Guest

i'm using windows media player and it doesn't let me put them back as mp3's, if you how please tell me

15. shiroh

shiroh Guest

flac for all my cd rips.
    and ogg for video aotuv or GT3b2 tuned.

wmp is not the best thing in the world, try winamp5 or foobar2000. and certainly try media player classic.

http://www.winamp.com/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/

correct me if i'm wrong, but you want to put all those mp3s onto your hard drive ?
    you just need to select them all copy and past onto the harddrive you want. there is no need to rip the cd from wmp.

16. p2v

p2v Guest

shiroh thank you i've breaking my brain trying to figure out how to do it and it was that simple copy and paste who would of thought, well thanks again everybody that tried to help god bless