1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mp3 on CD-RW...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by IronMunk, May 21, 2002.

1. IronMunk

IronMunk Member

I recently got a new head unit in my car.

It has Mp3 capabilities and I have used CD-R mp3 discs sucessfully.

I tried to used a CD-RW to make a CD but it would not read the disc and said "no music on disc"

It is supposed to be compatible with CD-RW media. I made the cd using Direct CD and dragged and dropped the folders.

The manual said that CD-R and CD-RW discs had to be "finalized" but this is not given as an option.

Do I need different software? How excatly do I make a cdrw mp3 disc then?

any help would be great!

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

1) Wrong forum room, so I moved this.
    2) DO NOT USE DirectCD or any similar program to make your MP3 CDs. Use your regular burning application (Easy CD Creator?) and use the CD-RW just like you use a CD-R.

3. IronMunk

IronMunk Member

I mean raw MP3s. As in 300+ songs per disc.

I made one using direct cd on a cdr, but was able to close the disc so it could be read on other drives/my car stereo and it worked.

I can't close/finalize a cd-rw with direct cd although that is what my stereo manual says I need to do.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

I mean "raw MP3s" too, in other words a regular data CD. So burn your MP3s to the CD-RW as a data disc using the CD-R burning software you have. If you don't have a burning software, then get Nero from the software sections of this site.