1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.mp3 on cd!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by assripper, Apr 26, 2002.

1. assripper

assripper Member

hey , i have hundreads of downloaded mp3's and i want to transfer them on to a cd because the speakers on my computer are not very good quality , i have a cd-rw and i have made plenty of say 12 or 13 track .wav files, now i want to make a mp3 one , i can about 150 songs on as far as room goes but then it says i havent enough time as far as minutes go ?? is there anyway of getting around this ?!?
    please help me !
    thanks, jake

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

3. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

Buying an MP3-CD player is the best choise for that. I have got a Philips Expanium (I think it was an EXP-101)
    and of course, you can listen to regular CD:s and Rewritable CD:s as well.

4. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

But at least the Expanium costs alot more then a regular portable CD player. I use my stereo with a Minidisc recorder for taking my mp3s with me.

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

MD the problem that it does not support MP3 format, so transcoding occurs when trasfering from PC to MD. Pretty much dead format anyway, even though it has good usability (shock proof etc).

6. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Yes, I know. MDs aren´t that popular, even less in the states. But here in Finland the format has grown in popularity. It has alot of both advantages and dissadvantages compared to CDs.

7. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Oh..HERE is Finland MD isn't too popular =D. Old technology, not worth investing to anymore.

8. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

A bit old, but usefull.
    It´s disturbing how you can write a CD alot faster than a MD. Still it´s a very portable format. There isn´t the risc of getting the CD destroyed by dropping it on the ground when you are out running for example.
    A MD doesn´t get any scratches. You can safely use it as frisbee, not something you would try with a precious CD (Okay, not something I look for in a format, bu still).

It´s excelent for recording a mix of your mp3s and then just re-record the disc with a new set the next time you´re going somewhere without your computer. I found I used my MD-stereo less after I bought a CD-RW though. But it´s easier carrying 2 MDs and the player in your pocket then a CD holder, the player and then having to juggle and make sure that 3 items don´t fall on the ground and get smashed. Something I found uncomfortable a few years back.

9. GodFinger

GodFinger Regular member

I still prefer the MP3-CD-player, my expanium cost me 995,- (FIM), (a bit over 167 euros). The CD is such a great format, because it's large usability and large MP3 storing capability. This was the reason why i didn't buy an MP3 player, where you store the MP3's in a memory, which capacity is usually around 64 mb's. Using these kind on players, you always have to have a computer around when you wanna change the player's music...

10. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Plus that blanks CD-Rs cost alot less then memory (or MDs for that mather).

The problem from the start with portable mp3 players has been the storage capacity.
    There was a player called the eGo which basicly supported a unlimited amount of memory. It used Compact Flash-memory and thanks to the microdrive (by IBM, I think)you could have 2 GB+ of memory.