1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Player Bought...Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by securecom, Dec 14, 2005.

1. securecom

securecom Member

Hi

I just received my new philips hdd6330 and everything seemed great.

It looked lovely and once I powered it on I felt it knocked the socks of the ipods....

But then....I realised what a mistake I had made.....

The HDD6330 only runs on XP which I dont have.....and....you can't use it as a portable USB storage device because it needs special drivers to use it on any computer....!

So, I need some advice....

Do I send it back....? I have another few days to decide before I have to mark it for return....

Or else, I can run a copy of XP in VMWare(slows down USB speeds to 500kb) on my existing win2k computer and use it purely for the purposes of syncing my music.....

But, even thought its a great looking machine, I do feel that for the 30GB of space, it would be worth while having a player I can just USB into any computer without any special drivers (like my old MuVo)....

I am also not too happy that I am forced to use Media Player as my default manager, as I normally use Musicmatch.

So, what do you think? Do I ditch the Philips, but if so, is there something out there that can satisfy my needs!!??!!

All the best

Mo

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

The first thing you should do when looking to buy a portable audio player is see if your PC's specs can handle the recommended requirements of the player. In your case Windows XP was the recommended OS for the player but you only have Windows 2k. In my opinion you should send back the Philips and look for another player which can handle your PC's requirements. There are plenty out there. Just do a search on Google or Yahoo.