1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Problem.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Dela, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, how are y'all

Listen for a sec, Any 320kbits/sec mp3 i get won't burn properly to my cd-rs. This is a new problem. Its not just downloaded mp3 either, i ripped a cd at 192kbits and burned it again and it was perfect. I ripped the sourse cd again to 320 and burned and it plays in the cd player 1 second skips one and plays one over and over again.

I use Nero Burning Rom, burn at 4x on 24x cds. I haven't changed my cd media and i've tried re-installing nero too. Can any1 help me (plzz cd-rw.org cause u know a lot about this kinda thing!).

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Hm..

First of all, you should check out our guide for ripping high quality MP3s:http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/mydeneaclame.cfm

But this problem of yours is very strange. Nero uses a standard FhG decoder, which can handle all kinds of MP3s correcly. At this point I can't figure out any logical cause for it. Have you tried using some other app for burning?

3. Dela

Ye its working with CDRWIN5 but it's very strange! It just happened out of nowhere too. Ah i'll just stick to cdrwin for burnin now anyway

Thanks a lot for the reply, I appreciate it!

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

So it seems like some strange Nero bug then. CDRWIN5 is actually re-wrap of DiscJuggler and perhaps DJ is a better choice - more updated, less bugs.

For audio I recommend:
    -Feurio! (for the experienced)
    -MP3 CD Converter (for newbies)

See software sections.

5. mhoope01

mhoope01 Member

Think it might be something like a lack of Hardware power on your system -- what processor and memory have you got?

Nero seems very resource hungry to me, and possibly doesnt have the power to decode 320kbps quickly enough? Doesn't seem logical, but might provide the answer given that other applications have no problems. Very strange.

6. Dela

Ah no, i wouldnt think that would be it. Probably just a messup in nero cause i havent changed anything on the computer. It just decided one day not to burn em properly!