1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 to AC3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Fallguy, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Fallguy

Fallguy Member

Hi all, i have read as much as i can on this and cant find an answer so i hope you guys can help....
    I use DVDlab to create menu's it says wav is compatible but when i play on my standalone dvd, the sound on the menu is really fast (pinky & perky speed). dvdlab also supports ac3 and mpa but i cant find any help to convert a mp3 to a ac3 or mpa file... please could you help me? (i have tried besweet but its crap...

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

BeSweet aint crap, its pretty much your only option. Actually what u need is AC3 Machine which also uses BeSweet as an encoder!!

3. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I'd certainly appreciate some insight into using BeSweet for turning MP3's to AC3 files. I've checked out Doom9's guide as well as another popular one that is turned up by search engines however, I keep getting error codes. Tells me it's done transcoding in 0.0.1 sec......something just doesn't seem right. The file ends up in the destination folder being 15 kbytes. Is there a simple way to reset all the settings within BeSweet? I would really like to be able to creat AC3 files from my current MP3 list and am willing to take whatever help I can get.

Thanks

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Try decoding the mp3s to wav first: 16bit stereo, 48kHz (or 44.1kHz) using e.g. foobar2000's diskwriter + necessary DSPs (resampler, convert mono->stereo etc.). Maybe there's something weird/unusual about the mp3s.

5. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I suppose that is possible. Sorry for the long delay in reply. Personal Confuser crapped out and it's a b!tch getting everything back the way I had it. Will try your idea about mp3>wav first. Tried using BeSweet GUI and the ac3 plug-in however, doesn't seem to offer support anymore. Keep getting error codes. Besides...going to have to start from scratch for re-installing.

Thx for your help.

6. Elmar

Elmar Member

Hello all,

I think the problem is that you are using a besweet version that is to new. Because the writer of besweet got a lot of mails because the ac3enc.dll didn´t work so he decided not to support this anymore. (check in the logfile if you get error 85) You will have to use besweet version 1.4.

However besweet is so crap that most of the time that doesn´t work either. I just found an other program yesterday, and it kicks ass while besweet kicks everything BUT the ass... It´s called ffmpeg. Its easy to use, you can convert the sound of the divx movie directly to ac3 so you wont have to covert it to wav first :)

you can download it here http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tools?tool=434#comments

Good luck!

7. jay-jay

jay-jay Member

Yeah, that's a nice program. Converts to AC3 easily.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004